
We just got the pictures from Jeff's mom's camera downloaded onto our computer, so this is actually the first time I am seeing a lot of these, and they make me want to cry. This is my absolute worst case scenario, biggest fear hospital birth scene (other than dying, which fortunately did not happen). Meeting my baby for the first time while unconscious, her being whisked off to the nursery away from me, and her screaming while people dressed in their weird hospital clothes suction out her lungs and monitor everything. Did I mention her entrance into the world was someone grabbing her and pulling her out of my stomach into bright lights? I know it had to happen that way, but it's exactly the scene I was trying to avoid. I don't understand how anyone could choose an elective c-section for convenience (obviously it's smart to choose one if there are risks). It seems way too traumatic to me. I know that she wouldn't have come out any other way, and that the suctioning saved her life. I still feel horrible she had to go through all that, though. Too bad my body couldn't just spit out a kid like it was supposed to.
On a better note, apparently my body does very well feeding a kid like it's supposed to. Miss Matilda has gained a lot of weight! 9lbs at birth, then she dropped to 8lbs 14oz at the hospital. They expect it to take 2 weeks just to get back to their birth weight, but at her checkup yesterday (1o days old) she was 9lbs 13oz. Fat little baby! She's wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes, and today she got into one of the bigger 3 month size sleepers. I love her little chub rolls and her big fat cheeks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment