We've had a hectic couple weeks around here, and I had forgotten that when Bud feels neglected he seeks attention in rather destructive ways. Bud's not the dog who will eat your entire couch or your favorite pair of shoes. He is more subtle... a toilet paper tube here, and bottle of nail polish there. Above are his latest interesting (and dangerous) victims. Yes, folks, that is a AA battery in the picture. I don't know where or how he got it, but we found a chewed up AA battery in Bud's crate. He barfed and gagged a little the following morning, but seemed OK afterward. I gave him some activated charcoal from the doggy first aid kit, and he survived it. Jeff and Lui (our vet tech friend) were worried he'd be a goner, but Bud has always had a belly of iron. I don't think he even really needed the charcoal. So we're giving Bud some more attention the last few days, and keeping odd toxic materials out of the room.
Not one to be outdone by friends, I have created my very own blog for your time killing pleasure.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Emo Bud
We've had a hectic couple weeks around here, and I had forgotten that when Bud feels neglected he seeks attention in rather destructive ways. Bud's not the dog who will eat your entire couch or your favorite pair of shoes. He is more subtle... a toilet paper tube here, and bottle of nail polish there. Above are his latest interesting (and dangerous) victims. Yes, folks, that is a AA battery in the picture. I don't know where or how he got it, but we found a chewed up AA battery in Bud's crate. He barfed and gagged a little the following morning, but seemed OK afterward. I gave him some activated charcoal from the doggy first aid kit, and he survived it. Jeff and Lui (our vet tech friend) were worried he'd be a goner, but Bud has always had a belly of iron. I don't think he even really needed the charcoal. So we're giving Bud some more attention the last few days, and keeping odd toxic materials out of the room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
dumb ole Bud. Glad he's ok tho. I found that when I didn't take Kota to the training facility and left Piper in her crate, Kota got into things he wouldn't have ordinarily... little punk.
Snuggles to Bud - the little attention seeking freak ;-)
They think they're making us pay for our wrongdoings! Or Quinn's theory is that Bud is "Emo" and instead of cutting himself for attention he eats batteries. Lol. Keep the batteries away from Kota :) I swear Bud swiped his out of an xbox controller, because there weren't any batteries loose in the house, but the controllers were on the floor that morning.
Post a Comment