I can't believe I haven't updated the blog since the 22nd. Sadly, this is because I have NO LIFE!
25 days until Matilda is born. I've been trying to get together the supplies we need on hand. Not sure how well that's going. The start of my supply basket was 4 old towels. I came home the other day to find they had been removed from the basket and used. I guess I should have made everyone clear on what the special laundry basket in the corner was for.
I finally felt bad enough about my ugly, tufting dogs that I broke down and did a Corgi grooming session the other day, and got enough hair to make a litter of puppies. Maybe I should start making Corgi wigs. I imagine it could go over well with the dog show set. Corgi blowing coat before the big show? I have your answer- the Corgi wig! Now if anyone does this I expect some royalties for the idea. I also tackled the strategic challenge of doing Bunny's nails. Fortunately she was cooperative, but I still shaved down my own nails as much as I did hers. One day I'll master the Dremel. I don't show so I would never spend the money on a grooming table, but I definitely see the benefit of having one set up. Though I think in a few more weeks I'll remember that it's really not that challenging to bend over/get down to their level again, and Bunny will also fit in my lap again for nails.
Quinn got asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance at school for Friday night. I still need to get the details on this one. No idea who he is going with or anything, but I thought it was cool that he is finally starting to get a social life at this new school. Of course this comes a day after Tom asked me if Quinn had a "serious" girlfriend yet (we were talking about the challenge of raising teenagers) and I told him no, Quinn never even dates. Look at that, Tom, you jinxed me!
I've been doing more looking into school for myself lately, thinking I should probably get on the ball with applying for financial aid so I can start taking classes again in the fall. I'll have to take classes online, so I may continue at North Texas because it is cheap and I've already got an online degree plan set up there. I keep feeling like a general studies degree is a path to nowhere without a masters, though, and that is a commitment to more school when I am already having trouble finding the motivation to finish. Though having a degree is obviously better than not! I've been kind of playing around online to see if there is something better, as in "What would I absolutely love to learn about that would hold my interest if the money/distance thing was not an obstacle." So I found a Homeland Security degree, 100% online, through the University of Maryland, which is actually a real, accredited, decent school. It was HARD to find... most of the legit Homeland Security majors are only offered face to face, and I can't exactly move for college at my age so I'd long ago given up on the idea. The others are through those online rip-off schools. I rarely tell people I have been interested in taking Homeland Security for years- even Jeff was concerned I might just be in fantasy land trying to be the next Jack Bauer- and the programs are hard to find so it's never really been an option. So I think I will apply for financial aid and, if I end up getting decent aid (out of state tuition will run about $20k to finish the degree and that's way too much to tack onto my student loan bill) then THAT is what I would like to do. Sitting on the computer learning more about mundane business garbage that I'm not interested in has my head hitting the keyboard, so why torture myself more at UNT if I don't have to? Of course if I have to, I will.
Not much else to report. Time to let the dogs out for their morning pee and start my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment