Sunday, March 14, 2010

Waiting

OK, I am seriously disliking the birthday poll because the majority of you are guessing an April birthday. Noooooo!

I keep having contractions... and they keep getting stronger. There is absolutely no pattern to them, though, and then they stop. Last night I woke up with strong ones and a really sore lower back ache. Everything in my books say that is a great sign, so I went back to sleep like I've been told over and over I should do, figuring I would be woken up by stronger ones still. Well, I ended up sleeping through the night with absolutely NO progress! ARG!

Earlier this week I thought my water may have broken. The midwife said it sure sounded like it. Then when she did a test she said she didn't think so after all... or that it might be a very high leak which is nearly impossible to detect. So now I am incredibly paranoid that Matilda has sprung a leak, and the midwife told me to count her kicks each day, to make sure she's not in any distress. She also refuses to predict when I might have her, but told me not to be surprised if I don't have her until April. GRRRRRRRR!

Today I went out and mowed the lawn, and have been doing just about anything I possibly can to inspire this kid to come out. The possible sprung leak has me wanting her out ASAP. It probably doesn't help me that we have two possible due dates, too. The ultrasound said March 18th and the calendar said March 28th. I tend to believe the ultrasound since the calendar method is just an estimate give or take a few days, but since the ultrasound was done 2 weeks late (my bad) our midwife says it can't be relied upon and she prefers to stick with the calendar.

So I guess the short story is Matilda could be here anytime, and I would really like it to be sooner rather than later. I'm not as constantly uncomfortable as I assumed I would be, but some days it is pretty bad, especially with the warmer weather we're starting to have. I am snoring a lot (haha, now Jeff knows what it's like to share a bed with someone who snores!) and wake up quite a few times each night because I can't catch my breath. I am assuming it's a pregnancy thing and won't worry about it unless it is still happening after she's born. It was a problem the first month or so, then went away, and now it's back. I notice there are a lot of little symptoms from the beginning that have popped back up this last month- like feeling nauseous and wanting to drink TONS of milk :)

I guess I will just keep everyone posted.

2 comments:

HL said...

I voted for March 22-28, but I reeeally wanted to vote for The Best Birthdate Ever, aka March 29th! I didn't think that counted as the first week of April though.

dreameyce said...

I voted Mar 21, simply because I'm biased, and I feel for you... she can come ANY time now, so you can stop being miserable *G* The last few weeks are the WORSE!