Thursday, September 4, 2008

Introducing Luis

Today we got our new car. Quinn calls him Luis. I call him Lewis, for Lewis Leaky, because our new car has quite a few leaks, which will be repaired next week at the mechanic. Before you think I am stupid, we got a sweet deal on the car from people moving out of the country, so since we didn't spend as much, repairing the leaks will not be so bad. Quinn is joining me on the blog tonight so that we can describe our (his future) car:

Luis/Lewis is a 2000 Toyota Corolla. Yes, Jeff... we got a Toyota. Luis is silver, with a SCUBA (sex crazed underwater bad ass, for those of us who are not hip to teen lingo) stereo. The stereo actually lights up blue and red when you turn the car on. Sweet! Luis is an automatic. This will make it an easy car for learning to drive, and an easy car for me to give up once Quinn gets his license. Quinn likes Luis because he is low to the ground, has a bad ass stereo, and "just feels right." I like Lius because he has a 4 star front and side impact safety rating (3 star for the back seat passengers in a side impact, but we don't carry a lot of back seat passengers) and is a Toyota so he will go another hundred and fifty thousand miles or so. I also like the fact that Luis' stereo has a removeable face, so that if it is turned up too loud while driving it can be removed for a week or two as a reminder to pay attention to the road. I also think that Luis feels "just right" and handles really well around corners. All in all a very good purchase. Thank you Jeff for houding us to look at Toyotas.

My car is yet to come. Since my poor little Focus was almost paid off, I decided to pay cash for Luis, enjoy no car payments for several months, and then hand him off to Quinn as a solid, safe first time driver car. I also don't know exactly what I want yet... though I am leaning towards a newer Corolla. We'll see, though. I still have my Forester dreams. The newer ones seem to be a little more reliable from the research I have done, so I may go for one of those.

Pictures of Luis to come. It is dark out tonight. I'm really enjoying watching Quinn do the first time car thing, though. You know... the cleaning, the sitting, the enjoying, and the making it your own.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Congrats on the Toyota! I swear by Japanese cars and will likely never own anything BUT! I've had Honda's since 1994 :) Seems hard to believe that Quinn is old enough to almost be driving! Wasn't he just 10 yesterday?? LOL