First, let's talk about the yard. Each year I lose more and more of the yard to the poor drainage job that the La Center Library did when they erected their annoying building right behind me, and to the 20 beloved dog feet that go sailing through the yard each day.
I was out assessing the "damage" yesterday, trying to decide what to do before rainy season sets in. I've determined that the bare spot, seen in the top picture, will soon have barkdust and maybe a few green bushes to soak up the water. The barkdust will, of course, be between the gravel from a few years before and the gravel path I made last year to cover up the muddy slip and slide that became our yard.
Below, we see the lucious piece of lawn that keeps on growing and is very lovely. I think a little weed and seed might be in order to keep its strength up, as the dogs will be walking through it soon. You can see the part closest to the gravel trail. It starts with a dirty dog path and is kind of bare between the dog path and the gravel path. Not sure what to do to preserve this. any suggestions before it is too far gone?
Below, Bud... the kind soul that he is, waters my tree. With his pee. So we have a brown spot now. Thanks Bud!
Lily sleeping peacfully and calmly in the chair. She was sitting there in my lap while I did homework (she makes a great table) but then I moved and she decided to stay.
And finally... my favorite snack. Blue gummy sharks. Not just any gummy sharks. The BLUE ones. The other colors are artificially flavored, and I am allergic to artificial flavorings. I feel a little guilty biting their heads off, but they are just so good!

No comments:
Post a Comment