Thursday night my cousin Caroline and I took Quinn to see Carlos Mencia for his birthday. His birthday isn't for an entire month, but he is a HUGE Carlos Mencia fan so I decided that would be the perfect gift. It was an awesome show! At first I was afraid Quinn might get kicked out... it was pretty much all adults. Then at one point during the show Carlos Mencia said "If you're a 15 year old boy clap your hands!" and I think about 5 boys clapped! Lol. Then he started making fun of the freakishness that is a 15 year old boy, some of which is not appropriate blogging content, but I am sure you can imagine. The show was actually a little less clean than I thought... on TV he mostly makes fun of stupid people... which he did a lot of. There were also a lot of really dirty jokes and his midget friend was downright crass. The rest of it was hilarious, though. Lots of joking about people who were dumb and took out mortgages they couldn't afford and now the economy is jacked up ("DEE!") and lots of making fun of the political candidates. At the end of the show we took a picture with Carlos Mencia. It's at Aunty Gail's house right now going through the photo reproduction process :) You know you've made it big when you can charge people $25 to have a polaroid taken with you. Being the "frugal" family that we are, we pooled our funds and got 1 picture. At the end of the night my eyes were literally crusty from laughing so hard I cried for 3 hours straight! I could tell Quinn had a really good time, too, which is what the night was about!
The weather is nice and crisp and fall-ish. I find myself wanting to decorate, and hold hands and drink hot chocolate! Yep, it is that kind of weather. Fall is beautiful in the northwest. Everything is red and orange, and the leaves are blowing everywhere. I can't wait to get the house finished once and for all and to just enjoy some relaxing evenings at home curled up in a blanket.
Thanksgiving this year is at our house. Ack! Aunty Gail is tearing up her floors (the living room Pergo looks so wonderful she is going for the dining room now, too). I kind of mentioned that my house would be done soon, and that if hers wasn't... and she jumped on it. I am actually pretty excited! I've never had the holidays at my house before. I'll be deep frying a turkey and making some pulled pork, going a bit southern. Of course onion dip and chips will be there, as well as olives for our fingers (yes, I still do that). Aunty Gail will bring her amazing pies. She's the best cook ever. I just have to stash the dogs in a couple rooms and not cause a fire with the deep fryer, and all should be well.
I am missing Houston a bit. Mostly Jeff, of course. I was thinking a bit about Manenas today, and the other day I was craving Thai Gormet. Then another day I was craving Lupes and that other Mexican place across from my old apartment in the Galleria... A nice drive in the country... going to the Galleria... visiting Cheska... oh, and I miss Brenham constantly. I love Brenham.
I might skip the holiday party this year for work. It just doesn't hold the same appeal that it used to. I think some people will be upset with me for not going, but there is never enough time to really visit with anyone, and it is fairly disruptive being 2 weeks before Christmas.
Jeff is coming out in January when he gets time off again! I kind of thought I would be moved already, so I was a bit greedy with his time off at the beginning of the year. I feel really bad, actually, because he has absolutely none left to go visiting with. Next year we will be more careful with it, though, and hopefully we will be living in the same place soon after the first so it won't be a big deal. Back to Jeff coming out, though... we are going to do Christmas a few days late and have a big dinner, and it will be so much fun. I'm really looking forward to it.
I think that's about all for now. Dishes call.
No comments:
Post a Comment