Sunday, October 5, 2008

Winter Coat?

I am so confused. I thought that when winter came around, dogs got winter coats. Meaning that their hair gets thick and nice in gearing up for the cold weather.

Bunny, in particular, is a mess! Her hair is coming out in giant tufts, and her pants are coming out by the handful. LITERALLY! Lily, who never sheds, is just as bad. There is hair all over my house and really scruffy looking dogs. I have to admit I really enjoy coming along behind Bunny and giving her hanging mats a big yank, though. She gets SO indignant about it, but it is such fun. We've gotten to brushing her once a day and it does no good at all.

All I can imagine is that since they are indoor dogs, they get all messed up when we humans do things like crank up the heaters. Anyone want to confirm for me?

1 comment:

Baledwr said...

old hair must come out for new hair to come in