I am starting to get paranoid about the Marfster's age. She is definitely OLD. She sleeps an awful lot these days, and she gave me a horrible scare the other day. She, Bud, and Cosmo were outside frolicking, and when I went to call them in she didn't come. Sometimes she doesn't hear well (um, like I said, OLD) so I went back to the corner of the yard she favors to go round her up. When I walked around the corner she was laying limp in the sunshine, limp like I have only seen a dead dog lay. I screamed "Bunny!" and she shot up fast because I obviously scared the hell out of her! Serves her right- she scared the hell out of me worse!
Other things poor Bunny does: When you call her she looks around because she has no idea where the sound is coming from. She sometimes gets lost in the yard (cataracts). The other day she went into the planting bed and got stuck, or lost, or something. I had to go get her out and bring her in the house. All day long she just sleeps DEEPLY by me as I work at the computer. She sleeps more and more soundly. I told Traci the other day that I actually had a really bad dream this week about waking up in the morning and finding that she had died in the night!
Maybe it's the 11th birthday tripping me out. Or the deep, deep sleeps and the back yard "dead dawg" scare. At least she is very happy, though, and according to her last vet visit extremely healthy and in great shape for her age. She's the same old jolly, bouncy Bunny. Just freakin' me out a bit lately.
2 comments:
It sounds as though she is getting deaf. When they start losing their hearing, they will sleep right through all kinds of commotion.
Yeah, I think she is getting deaf. She sometimes sits and stares at me when I talk to her, like she has no clue what's going on. I have to talk to her in a very LOUD voice sometimes!
The other thing she's been doing in wearing her pads down. Mandy suggested getting her baby socks, so I am going to go get some tomorrow.
Post a Comment