Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our House Part 1... the living room


Looking towards the door that leads to the backyard



View from the kitchen



Another view from the kitchen. The baby gated door leads out to the entry.



The nook by the fireplace is perfect for crates, until Jeff builds his built in shelving unit.



View from the baby gated door. You can see the kitchen and door leading to backyard.


Our house, is a very very very fine house, with 6 dogs in the yard...

Each day I think I'll show you guys a different room. This is the living room where we spend most of our time. The dogs are allowed in here, and here only. I just keep the floors mopped and vacuumed so Jeff doesn"t die from allergies. The dogs aren't allowed on the furniture, so everyone has a crate inside for bed time. It seems to be a good compromise and works out well. We just put the laminate flooring in, so that helps a lot with keeping the hair up. The crates have proven to be a good thing, also, because with everyone crating at night (not just baddawgs) everyone is pretty equal and there's not as much jockeying for position.

This is the biggest room in the house, and we have a little section to watch TV (and we also keep that wall empty so we can use the projector in here for movies), then keep the back of the room fairly empty so everyone can get around without falling over each other (dogs included). The crates fit nicely along the walls and in the nook so we don't feel like we're living in a dog boarding facility. It gives us a lot of room and feels really nice. It's dark so I can't get pictures of the outside today, but the 3 huge windows to the left of the couches look out onto the giant patio. If we ever have guests who aren't dog people, the patio is almost like another room (just outside) and even has fans on the ceiling. I just pull the blinds open and the dogs can sit out there and still see us and feel like they're a part of things.

I absolutely LOVE this house, and am so excited to show you guys the rest of it. Hopefully I'll keep up and truly get a room a day up here on the blog.

No comments: