Sunday, May 31, 2009

Random stuff from this week...

Pedicures feel really, really good! Cheska took me to get a pedi on the day of the wedding, because I had a HUGE fire ant bite on my foot that was swollen and purple... the scalding hot jetted water bath is seriously the best thing I've ever felt in my life.

Ants bite in Texas. Trey says "Fire Ants. The name makes them sound like they come straight from hell." My purple foot says they do.

We had a dog fight during the BBQ the night before our wedding. Very embarrassing. Me=stupid. Large group, lots of noise= dogs should be crated. They weren't unattended because we were all outside with them, and it was VERY hot so crates seemed mean. My vet says she needs to send a memo to all her clients telling them that they need to crate their dogs during parties, because the majority of her same family dog fights happen during large gatherings. Yes, it entailed a vet visit. Lucky got Bud, now they have to be separated because they have not gotten over it. Fortunately we have 2 yards in our back yard so this is easy, albeit a pain. I feel like a very bad dog owner, in spite of trying harder than I ever have in my life to learn doggy dynamics and be a good dog owner. I just can't seem to get away from dog fights. It really threw me, and made me re-live a lot of Lucy stuff that I didn't want to think about. I had Bud and Lucky pegged as two who would not get along, but they have had zero problems since Lucky moved in a month ago, so I figured I was just wrong. Apparently I was right, and the s### hit the fan. The kids got to witness Uncle Jeff separating 2 huge male dogs with a shovel. I felt very white trash fabulous.

We have food for a week, and 2 full cheesecakes in our fridge. I don't think I even want to try to eat this much cheesecake.

The H word is weird, but it is pretty darned fun to sit and chill with Jeff. He's doing his thing on his laptop about 5 feet away from me while I blog. The corgis are in their normal position, as close to my feet as they can get. I am loving life right now!

We went to Brazos Bend, the alligator park. We didn't see as many gators as usual- I think they were in the water with the heat. Holland got bit by a fire ant, which has to be traumatic when you're 7 and from Utah where the ants aren't from hell. Howard also got bit, but he is used to Texas hell ants, and resisted crying in public :)

Jeff just said hi to me from 5 feet across the room. And waved. This is fun. Cosmo barks every time he hears the word "Hi" because generally it means someone is here. I have never had a dog make that connection before, usually they bark at knocking or the doorbell. Cosmo barks at "Hi."

When going to get our marriage license, the lady behind the counter looked at my age on my ID, laughed, said she refused to believe it, but that we better get to work on kids really soon. I wasn't sure whether to be offended or crack up! I kinda cracked up.

No comments: