Mandy left a comment on one of my blog posts that reminded me I've been meaning to do a post about hilarious Grandma Bunny.
If the first part sound like a gripe fest, skip to the bottom. I love my Bunny so much, but she has acquired some interesting habits in old age!
Just a few of my, er, favorite things:
Bunny wakes me up every morning at 7am on the dot with her hoarse, incessant barking. She refuses to shut up, even when I yell at her from bed. When I finally stagger into the front room to let her out of her crate, she bolts to the water bowl. Obviously, she gets thirsty in the night.
The obvious solution would be to give her access to water in her crate. Queue hoarse barking at 3am because she has to go to the bathroom baaaaaaaaaaad.
The other obvious solution is to leave her out of her crate because she is a sweet angel. Queue crapping on the floor (probably around 3am, but hey, at least she doesn't have to strain her voice to get the dumb humans to wake up).
Lately I've been thinking that our little old lady is deaf and blind, because when I call her or want her to do anything, she looks around the room vacantly as though she has no idea what is going on. This is especially true when she is told to get out of the kitchen, come in the house, go out of the house, or go to her kennel (our 4 main repetitive tasks during the day). She is also suuuuuuuuuuper slooooooooow.
Well, just the other day while filling dog bowls, I dropped the smallest little piece of kibble on the floor. It must have made a sound, because on a flash, the fastest brown striped dog I've ever seen (who would have to have amazingly accute hearing, I might add) darted around the corner towards me with lightening speed, and pounced on the irresistible morsel. Once it was devoured, she hopped away on 3 legs and folded back up in the corner to fall asleep. Quinn now says that our deaf, blind, crippled Corgi can hear a piece of kibble drop all the way in Taiwan. Could she be playing us for fools with the decrepid old lady act? Nah!
We do love our little Marcy/Bunny, though. We love her beacuse she does rotten, funny things like playing old when she doesn't want to do something. We love her because she is sweet natured. I love her because of her increible will to live. I've rushed that dog to the vet twice since I've had her, barely alive (once when she got spayed and the vet overdosed her on morphine and once after a horrible mauling from a bigger dog). Both times I remember driving really fast saying "hold on Bunny, stick with me" and she always did. I love her beacuse she falls asleep with her pudgy belly in the air while she gets her nails done. I love her because she has always hopped (hence the nickname Bunny) like a jolly girl. I love her because she was my apartment dog when I went to Tacoma- she loved to belly flop on the air mattress and rough house in the mornings, and she loved to go to the office and make everyone smile. She totally kept me going on incredibly lonely nights when I would come home from the office and cry because Tacoma is the suckiest place on the planet to live. I love her because she is the happiest dog I have ever known, and always makes me happy, too.
Bunny is awesomeness.
1 comment:
See, this made me happy...and made me cry too!
Post a Comment