Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sun Bathing

I could really get into trying new things.

Jeff doesn't like it when I wash the dogs in our bath tubs, so he asked me to wash them outside with the hose. I've been horrified by this up until now, but today the temperature was up to 98 degrees, and humid, so playing in the water sounded like it could be fun for all of us. Plus I had some really stanky dogs.

Lucky, to my surprise, was the best! He's never had a bath in his life, and he absolutely loooooooved it! He kissed me the whole time I was bathing him. Lily was the worst, until she realized I had a hold of her, then she just gave in. Everyone seemed to enjoy it once they really got soaked, I think their biggest hesitation was being leashed to the patio post so they couldn't run. Once they got over that, they were all pretty good. I like to give lots of love during bath time, with plenty of kisses and lies (telling them how wonderful they are), so they tend to warm up pretty quickly! We finished with a round of combing, and peanut butter dog cookies from the farmer's market.

Jeff gave me a time to be ready so we could go pick up a dryer, and I had no idea how I was going to shower in time! It felt so good to be outside and I was already drenched, so I just grabbed the soap from the kitchen sink and took a shower outside, also! I was already in my bikini (anticipating the worst from the dogs) so heck, why not?

Now we're all clean, and Jeff and I are off to get a dryer because ours has gasped its last cold breath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a very productive day, i think...