I just found out from Traci that Cardi Nationals are going to be in Houston in 2011?!! I imagine nobody told me because you were all anticipating the constant harassment and reminders over the next year to keep plunking quarters away into those money jars for Element gas and entry fees... not to mention that we would LOVE to have a west coast Corgi invasion at our house for a weekend... and also not to mention (cough cough... Carolyn) that Houston has probably THE best Mexican food that you will find anywhere for after dog show dinners.
I know, it's probably a lot to expect for the Oregon/Washington folk to make that trek- aside from Traci, who I expect to see since she only has to drive from Phoenix these days! Cosmo and Bunny are crossing paws to see some of their people, though!
12 comments:
that's not hurricane season, right?
I guess we forgot that you're not entirely "in the loop" and we just thought you knew.
Yes, good Mexican food es muy importante.
Maybe we'll have some Phoebe kids to enter (!!)
Mandy: No chicken little, hurricane season is June-October :) April will be gorgeous weather! You really need to accept a little excitement into your life, though, a hurricane could be great fun!
Carolyn: That would be AWESOME... crossing fingers for those Phoebe kids! Jeff is making poblano chicken tonight and he just said he is going to have to "make some for my corgi friends" next year. There are some amazing restaurants, too. Sooooo many. I can't wait for you guys to be out here!
we want to visit up there, but when is earthquake and mudslide season on the west coast?
I'm planning on being there! My friend Cait told me I 'have' to :)
Haha, does Cait live here, too?
Cait actually lives in the Dallas area, but has family in Houston and loves visiting there.
It looks like I'll be in Dallas for part of spring break... my first time in TX for something other than a layover! Plane ticket isn't bought yet, so I may not come out 'til early summer.
Cool! You'll have to let me know when you're down here.
I will be doing my best to get there for the Megan and BOB. Rally with the kids too, might be fun. Hopefully by then, Piper & Sedona will be finished too :) My momma lives north of Dallas - how far is it from Dallas to Houston?
Houston is a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive from Dallas. Totally worth taking a couple extra days and visiting family up there if you're already out this way! Like I said over text, you are welcome to stay with us while you're in Houston.
Nationals generally run the course of a week.... you sure you want to open your house up for that long?? ;-)
Of course I'm sure! How often do I get to see you? It will be fun. As long as you can stand us. We will have a 1 year old... oh yeah, and you have to put up with Dumb and Dumber (heeler and vizsla). I guarantee Chance will want to frap with them (they frap ALL DAY LONG unless they are eating or sleeping). So if you can stand us, we'd love to have you!
Post a Comment