Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pedicure!



Well, even though my day was a total failure on the productivity front, I went in for that pedicure Jeff got me for my birthday. I got this really cool spa treatment where they used a sea salt scrub, then wrapped my feet in a mask, put hot towels on them, covered them in wax, and gave me a hot rock massage. It felt pretty darned good! The finished product= really happy feet with blue toenails!

It was kind of embarrassing going in there with my uneven toenails (I am lucky to lean over far enough to cut them at all these days!) , grown over cuticles and little hangnails all over the place! I knew my feet were in bad shape, but it took the lady an hour and a half plus lots of sweat to get them looking so nice! She was really nice, though, and she even got me a hot pack to put behind my back to make more more comfortable while I sat in the chair.

I'm not usually a big pedicure person- even thought they are so nice, I tend to feel like it's a big splurge for something I could do on my own in the bath tub... BUT, with as gnarly as my feet were, and as swollen and uncomfortable as they are on a daily basis just from walking around, this was SUCH a nice luxury and the perfect gift! I hope I can go back once right before Matilda is born because it was so relaxing and I forgot how good it feels to have well groomed feet!

Oh, the only bad part of the pedicure was when I got home Lucky attacked my feet and started chasing me around the house with his tongue at my toes trying to lick off the lotions! FREAK!

Now I am going to go to bed, and sleep on the Egyptian cotton sheets that were the other part of my birthday gift!

No comments: