2am, waiting for a cheesecake to cool. Jeff's going to a friend's house tomorrow to help him fix his truck. Friend is making some fancy lunch for everyone who is helping out, so Jeff offered to bring cheesecake for dessert because the guys have heard how good his cheesecake is. In the middle of making cheesecake Quinn called to be picked up from a friends house after the school dance (midnight... seriously, this kid needs some wheels of his own) and when we got home Jeff was passed out on the couch with a half made cheesecake in the Bosch. I guess he decided to take a nap while his cream cheese softened to room temp- he has been out of town all week so he's really tired. We all know how this story ends. Jeff never woke up. Tavia is finishing the cheesecake. Not that I am complaining- I'm a bit of an insomniac anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
I am starting to wonder how I am going to get through the whole labor thing. I've been having contractions for a couple weeks now, and the more days that go by, the more they actually hurt. It's way healthier for me and the baby to just do things naturally, but OH. MY. GOSH. I know I am going to hit a point where I just want to be knocked the heck out and wake up comfortable again. Just trying to remember that it will only be a few hours of my life, and I can get through it. Baby girl has a big ordeal to go through in getting out here, too. I guess we will just go through it together.
Quinn had a lot of fun at the dance. Baby brother had his first real date! He went on a double date with the girl's friend and her date. They went to Chili's for dinner, then to the dance. Then apparently the dance sucked (a high school dance sucking, go figure) so they went to a friend's house to watch a movie. He was home by midnight, was where he said he would be, didn't get into any trouble... a successful night out in my book. Not to mention he got actual social interaction rather than playing the stupid xbox all night. Now he is in bed because he's exhausted.
And now I am going to bed, because Jeff's cheesecake is cool enough for the fridge and I am wiped out.
2 comments:
Glad Quinn had a good time! :) Love hearing life updates :)
Oh I'm glad! I always worry that the life updates might be boring to people :)
Post a Comment