After walking outside to water my plants and discovering that Lily had eaten the sprayer off the end of the hose (in the midst of last night's bikini/brownie incident), I have come to the conclusion that my puppy must be bored. I've known it for a few months now, because this chewing thing has been going on a while. I'm so torn. She is the cutest, sweetest little puppy... and incredibly smart. She's one of those Phoebe type dogs who has a great personality and is beautiful to boot, and you love them so much, but then they turn around and do nasty little things because they are protesting something that you are not providing for them (fortunately Phoebe found everything she needed and more down in Medford with Carolyn, and they are wonderful friends).
I should have known better than to keep this puppy that I found (she was mangy and skinny and had been hanging around my aunt's house in the country) because we're just not an active household. We're a lazy dog household. My dogs are really happy sitting next to the computer, behind the chair, next to the couch, or wherever I may be at the moment. Lily does the same, but any time we do not provide human interaction of some sort she becomes destructive. What to do? Do I start giving her way more attention than the other 4 dogs (my little cranky Texas chihuaua mix gets so angry)? Do take her on walks and train her while leaving the other dogs at home, even though they like to go, too? Am I even able to train a dog since I never really have? Once Q is back at school in the fall am I supposed to crate her all day? Or do I find her a new home while she is still young because 5 dogs is too many? Who would take her, though? What kind of home is even right for a dog that requires constant companionship? And do I really want to give her up? There's nothing better than when she curls up next to me in bed and gives puppy kisses! Hmmm... just some frustrated thoughts on my day off. I am going to go take a shower now. Lily will most likely come with me and sleep outside the bathroom door like she always does... because she can't stand to be alone. Blogs are so great. Now that I have all my thoughts typed out I wonder if she is lonely, not bored.
1 comment:
here's a vote for new home :)
Post a Comment