This site is one of my favorites, and recent conversations prompted me to visit it again, mostly for blog kicks. The site is www.findyourspot.com and it's a lot of fun. I will try to keep this short, because the look on Cosmo's face tells me that he is going to die soon if I don't feed him breakfast.
Just to clarify to everyone who saw my recent poll that had a "poor Tavia" slant to it, Jeff is not evil. Most of you already know him and know that! I am actually really proud of Jeff for all the branching out he's done this past year and a half that I've been away (we had become such a "couple" socially that I was a bit worried). He has some new friends, some new interests, and even teaches a class that he's really enthusiastic about. Most Saturday afternoons I find myself text messaging with no reply, only to call and find that he is off doing something cool and living life very easily as an independent man ;) It's actually really nice to hear about! The downside is, that he is even more rooted in Houston than he was before!
I, on the other hand, am turning into a big Washington person... at least for now. I enjoy Houston (mostly because being young, single and in Houston is a blast) but I also really like it out here. Fresh air, small suburbs, family relatively close by, my house is looking AWESOME, and I have totally enjoyed reconnecting with all of my old friends who I have known for years. Plus my brother is in a school program that, while it is not what I want, is allowing him to catch up from what he missed freshman year. The only thing really missing is, well, stinky rotten Jeff.
People reading this are probably thinking we need to just go our seperate ways and live our lives... however we are totally unwilling to do that. I tried to picture myself dating or married to someone else and got all teary eyed... sigh, that is so pathetic. So, we WILL get it resolved. The point of the Find Your Spot website, however, is this... we decided that once one of us gives in and lives somewhere they don't neccessarily want to live for a few years, we will then find a spot where we BOTH want to be and finally settle down there. So I took this quiz, trying to keep both of us in mind when answering, and found our "best places." Drumroll please...
1. Hickory, North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
This makes perfect sense to me, because I lived in Roanoke Virginia for college and absolutely LOVED it (SW Virgina... not northern, where Jeff has lived before and hated it). It's the perfect climate (all the seasons but never dreary like it gets in the northwest) with just enough to do but somewhat small town-ish. Plus beaches for Jeff and his crabbing.
2.Whidbey Island, WA
3. Morganton, North Carolina
4. Hopkinsville, Kentucky
I might read about this, but Kentucky????????
5. Mount Vernon, Washington
6. Paris, Tennessee
7. Page, Arizona
8. Gainesville, Georgia
9. Branson, Missouri
10. Greenville, South Carolina
Other places (I came up with 4 pages of possibilities) of note, either because they were funny or we might actually like them are: St. George, Utah (hilarious... though I am convinced we will end up in Utah one day just because we are both so passionately against it), Grand Junction, Colorado, Fredricksburg, Texas (a place I have always wanted to go and check out because I am convinced I would love it), a couple more small towns in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Kerrville, TX (also in the hill country, but a small town), Guntersville Alabama (PLEASE SAY THAT WITH A TWANG!), Marble Falls, Texas, Port Townsend, Washington, Sequim, Washington, and yet a few more places in the Texas Hill Country and Blue Ridge Mountains.
As silly as some people think these quizzes are, this is actually quite funny. I am noticing a trend leaning towards the Texas Hill Country, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and all the sunnier parts of Washington state. With a few redneck towns mixed in, of course... and sadly, thinking about me and Jeff that doesn't completely surprise me, though I would never live in some of them. Looks like some vacations may be in order!
6 comments:
I've lived in Mt Vernon (And Sedro Woolley) and LOVE that area- except the rain and massive slugs.
I have family on Whidbey Island, and always look forward to visiting. The only drawback being the bridge to Anacortes is out of the way for most things, and the ferry gets expensive.
Northern Washington is one of the most beautiful places in the universe IMO, but I'm really planted here in the mid-Willamette Valley of Oregon because of the mild weather, and spectacular views.
I do really miss the fall colors of Michigan, and try to get to WV every fall. This year is my first year in a while of missing out on stunning Wheeling, WV fall views.
I have a friend in a po-dunk NC town who hates it there.... I have yet to hear one "pro" NC statement out of her in the "over-a-year" she's lived there... I fantasize about it tho, thanks to Nicholas Sparks (damn him!) :P Now I think I will go take it and post... I took that quiz a while ago but it's been long enough that my desires have probably changed some...
It's so funny how certain blogs get so many responses!
I've never really been to any of those places in Washington, so it is great to hear how nice they are. Rain gets me down, too, though... so Mt. Vernon might be off the list!
Traci... yes, Nc sucks. I've only been to Raleigh, though, so maybe I should not jump to conclusions. The Blue Ridge Mountains are amazing, though, so maybe that part of Nc would be ok. I've heard better things about SC.
It's so funny how certain blogs get so many responses!
I've never really been to any of those places in Washington, so it is great to hear how nice they are. Rain gets me down, too, though... so Mt. Vernon might be off the list!
Traci... yes, Nc sucks. I've only been to Raleigh, though, so maybe I should not jump to conclusions. The Blue Ridge Mountains are amazing, though, so maybe that part of Nc would be ok. I've heard better things about SC.
Ooh that site is fun! My top towns (because I picked small towns) were Astoria and Newport. Maybe someday...
Hey if you go North Carolina you will be in the same state that Jon and I want to wind up in.... And yes, I love findyourspot.com!!!!
Post a Comment