Oh, how I miss Houston. I actually do miss Houston quite often, but not so much during hurricane season. The first year I was there, when we had a huge evacuation and everyone left town, was quite fun. I wanted to come home to mass natural destruction, knowing that all of my real things were back in Washington, and I had packed my valuables and Lucy into the car and would be well on my way to Dallas by the time it hit. Which it never did. After that, it just gets old. Jeff called me this morning, though, and has me a bit worried.
First, I am worried that he doesn't know better than to call me at 7am and wake me up. Well, he actually DOES know better, he just feels I should be up and therefore calls anyway. Good point, it is a work day. He then tells me he has a generator and a chain saw (for down trees) and a dog crate (which I didn't even know he owned) and they are hunkering down. I don't really feel this is entirely stupid, because hurricanes never actually hit the part of Houston he is in. They just get some strong winds and maybe some water. However, I would kind of prefer if he took the dog and himself and had a nice hotel weekend a few hundred miles away. If he wanted to drive west about 2000 miles I know of a REALLY great place.
So we'll see how this hurricane thing goes. It should be interesting to watch from afar. If it desimates Houston I will thank the fates for putting obstacles in the way of me moving all year, and I will plan to see Jeff and Lucky in... oh... about 3 days. Jeff, if you come, please run by storage and grab my bed. You can strap it to the top of your car, but it is too nice to end up in Kansas.
And yes, y'all read that right. Jeff has Lucky and I have Lucy. Sick, really. If you want to get even worse, they are the exact same breed of mutt, white with red spots, your generic Texas stray... and we both had them before we met.
2 comments:
that's spelled *decimates*
Not a mutt, a Red Heeler. You, however, have a Chihuahua Heeler mix.
Post a Comment