
It's definitely getting to be FALL. I was taking a walk tonight and noticed that my beautiful tree in the front yard (one of the reasons I bought this house, in fact, because I loved this tree!) is turning red on top. I love it when it does that. In a couple months it will be bald.

My new vase! I went to Ikea for a bed platform. Came out with all sorts of other stuff. Me, extra money, and Ikea are not a good combo. Or maybe they are. I've been eyeing this vase for about a year now. I should have bought it a long time ago, but it was $50 and I always passed it by because I usually spend too much at Ikea, and it is always there for "next time." Well, I went the other day and it had a big sign over it that said "Last Chance" and $20! Hello... into my cart it went. It's really heavy, probably about 50 pounds, a steal at that price (even at $50 it was) and I think it is perfect for this spot by the dining room table.

Here is is from a distance...
Other than that, I cleaned out the garage yesterday. We rented a Uhaul and took a much needed trip to the dump to get rid of all the carpet we ripped up and replaced with Pergo. The garage is clean, organized, and could actually fit 2 cars now. Very exciting.Also been following this hurricane news. Everyone I know seems to have fared okay, minus some power and water issues, and trees down. One of my friend's moms is missing her shed. I thought that was a bit crazy. Everyone is ok, though, and I thought I'd throw that on here because a lot of you have been asking (which is really sweet, thank you).
On more hurricane news, I really have to give Jeff's family mention here. I'm sure they will love me for that, lol. Not only were they totally prepared with a generator and enough food stored up to feed an army... but they actually did feed 80 missionaries sheltered nearby 2 meals in a row off of their own food storage. Amazing. This is who I want to be with should disaster strike! They are definitely the most generous family I know, but are apparently extraordinarily prepared as well. I always wondered about that freezer in the garage...
5 comments:
aren't you glad that we've missed ike! i was thinking about rita, and so glad to be out of a hurricane zone!
and you WANT to move to that area? are you NUTS? Glad everyone you know fared well though....
I love your comment "this is who I want to be with should disaster strikes" See you really do want to move back to Houston!!!
Houston really is the friendliest place we have lived . . . neighbor helping neighbor . . . streets and yards cleared in no time . . . everyone out working together :) A great place to live!!!
beats the heck out of living on a bunch of active fault lines...
Wow, Cosmo looks just like a giant Wally
I work in P&C insurance now...I agree, cheers for Jeff's family!
Post a Comment