Tuesday, April 7, 2009

And Then There Was Love...

There's nothing like a Corgi to melt a heart. Jeff has ardent love for little miss Marcy/Bunny. In fact, I think he's head over heels. He asked last night how hard it would be to get a Corgi exactly like her someday... same size, same temperament... because she is perfect. Once our dog numbers naturally deplete in a couple years, of course. No worries, Jeff... many a good man has fallen for a Corgi. Right, Henry?

Bunny can be found at Jeff's feet when we watch TV getting lots of love and affection. When she got out the other day he actually picked her up and carried her back in, despite his allergies to all things fluffy. If this love affair goes on, I won't be surprised to see him chipping the tartar off her back teeth in a few months (our vet in Vancouver said this was a good job for husbands, everyone).

In other news, thank goodness I work from home and am not eating out as much as I used to, because getting a decent dog food around here is expensive! Cosmo has settled into By Nature's Salmon and Yogurt and the others are trying out Nutro Chicken and Oatmeal because I couldn't find their regular, less expensive Nutro here. I got out of Pet Smart last night for no less than $40, and Cosmo's food just came in a little 8lb bag. I found a feed store a few miles away that carries the big dogs' food... hopefully that place will be a bit cheaper than Pet Smart.

2 comments:

Baledwr said...

Marcy is smart, she knows who she has to win over...

Tavs said...

Oh so true. You know that the only reason my aunt was able to get a Corgi is because Marcy won over my uncle, right? He spent a day with her and gave in (then loved Coal to death).

I think there is real affection there, though :) Marfs and Jeff are quite the pair. He also really likes Cosmo, though not to the same extent. We'll have to get him to a dog show someday.