Thursday, June 11, 2009

Getting Lucky

Jeff asked when I was going to do a blog post on Lucky. I looked right at him and said "Ne-ver." Quinn said I should do one, and I giggled (my muahahahaha wicked giggle), then he said it had to be nice because Lucky is a nice dog. Nice to people, at least.

So, here is my honest blog about Lucky.

My very favorite thing about Lucky is that his name supplies me with a day full of puns (see blog title).

My second favorite thing about Lucky is that he wags his butt. Not his tail... his entire butt.

I also like that Lucky is a fast learner and knows how to go to "kennel up." He also knows "go to the side yard." These skills come in handy because he must be completely separated from Bud or they try to kill each other. Literally. And Lucky refuses to let go once he has his teeth in. Oh, but this is supposed to be a nice blog.

I like that Lucky makes me laugh when he steals pie off the counter and I get to watch Jeff's reaction.

I like that Lucky sticks his entire nose into the dog bowl and goes swimming for a drink, then opens his mouth when he emerges and leaks all over the floor. I also enjoy imitating this now and then on hot days.

I like that Lucky loves me so much that as I am climbing ove the dog gate to leave the room, he nips at my inner thigh fat.

I like that Lucky loves me so much that he bites and licks my toes for attention.

I like that Lucky forgives me (too soon, I think) for whooping his butt when he does bad things.

I like that Lucky is friends with Lily and wears her out and has made her a nicer dog.

I like that Lucky smells worse than all of my dogs combined ever could, even if the got trapped in a landfill for a week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

if your dog would quit snapping at my dog, my dog wouldn't eat your dog

Traci said...

hahahahahaha

Howard and Diane Moline said...

Lucky can't wag his tail because he doesn't have one :( Tail or no tail, Lucky is a very happy dog :)

dreameyce said...

Reminds me of our Cove. A lot!

Anonymous said...

it's probably a good thing he doesn't have a tail, as hard as he wags that butt he'd hurt someone if there was a tail attached...