Saturday, September 19, 2009

Belly Rubbins, Birthdays and Fluff

Thank goodness my friend Rachell has two arms, because she had 2 tummies begging for rubbins last night! Look at the face Bunny is making! I wish I had a larger picture, but my cell phone was the only camera close by.

We had Jeff's birthday party last night, which was a lumpia/cheesecake party. I think he had a good time- all his guy friends came over and within about 10 minutes they had gun parts all over the kitchen table and were tinkering. I swear I married an old man sometimes, because I am pretty sure only old men "tinker." I forgot to put the lid on the Bosche mixer and when I turned it on carrots and celery from the lumpia mix exploded all over us and the kitchen. Bunny and Cosmo helped with the cleanup on that until they got sick of veggies and told me the broom and I were on our own. Jeff had party poppers on his cheesecake so there were some other explosives, as well (which he always enjoys). Nobody left until 1am, so all in all I think it was a good night (except for those of us who were really tired).

I swear I am going to lose either Lily or Lucky to their own stupidity. Bunny gets a pillow at night to sleep on (because the other dogs ate her bed) and I leave her, Cosmo and Bud out for the night while crating Lily and Lucky. Well, this morning I forgot to pick up the pillow before letting Lily and Lucky out (still delerious from last night apparently) and woke up at 3pm to Lucky coughing and hacking on pillow inards. Last time they ate a pillow one of them puked up the pillow fuzz and it was covered in bile. Don't most normal dogs just destroy the pillow, but not actually consume it? Why can't these dogs have a learning curve?! Apparently I just have to perfectly train myself not to EVER forget the pillow even when I am delerious, because I cannot afford the vet bill for having foam extracted from some idiot's pipes.

No comments: