I'm on a quest to be a little more active, since I figure my 16-17 hours of sleep per day are probably not doing me as much good as I feel like they are. I'm really well rested when I wake up, but I'm getting really out of shape, and have been having tons of trouble breathing. I'll wake up in the middle of the night extremely short of breath, and if I don't sleep with my head on 2 pillows I will stop breathing (ok this is probably an exaggeration, but it FEELS like it and it wakes me up in a panic) altogether.
Last night I decided to mow the lawn, after about 3 months of letting it go because it was too hot. I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled, and I know the dogs are, because they really frolicked last night and this morning. It feels really good to actually get something accomplished! In case anyone is wondering, yes,... I do have a husband... but mowing the lawn is my job because I love it. It's totally theraputic. I like to sing show tunes and think deep thoughts while I mow :) I'll mow the lawn until I can't anymore, or until I am so pregnant that Jeff starts looking like a jerk to the rest of the neighborhood for letting his pregnant wife mow the lawn! Then I will let him mow the front, and I will probably still mow the back.
My other goal is to take a walk each morning, rather than coming home from dropping Quinn at school and going straight back to bed for a nap. When I take walks I like to get the dogs out with me for a little bonding time. Bud is my usual partner of choice, because he is a good walker, and he also doesn't get as much time with us because Lucky tries to eat him (the boys alternate crate time vs. family time because they can't get along). So it's something special I can do for him. Well, I must be in worse shape than I thought, because Bud was way too fast for me this morning! We went about 4 blocks and I circled home to grab Cosmo. Cosmo is much more my speed! Of course the fact that I took Cosmo made Bunny mope. So I will have to put her in the car and take her to pick up Quinn from school today. She doesn't really understand that she would never be able to make it a block walking on pavement (but she is NOT satisfied when I take her 10 feet down the sidewalk and then turn back, either). I wonder how she would feel about a wagon- it would probably piss her off.
4 comments:
It may not be an exaggeration that you are stopping breathing. Sleep apnea is fairly common during pregnancy. Google it.
Wow, I had no idea. Pregnancy has all sorts of fun side effects, huh? Thanks for the tip. Maybe it really Is time to go in and see a doctor.
Said in my best motherly voice: "Yes, it's time to go for your first pre-natal visit". You may not have intended to get pregnant quite this soon, but now that you are you need to make sure that the baby has her (ok, or his) best chance at being born healthy and at a good weight.
Time to start eating healthy, too ;-)
Really, Carolyn, would Mandy and Jamie mind sharing you? You remind me so much of my own mom sometimes... you totally have my number. Oh yeah, and you are the only other person I know who will give a newborn puppy mouth to nose, which I truly admire :) I didn't intend to get pregnant, and AM somewhat ignoring the whole prenatal thing. Well, not to mention my insurance situation is challenging at best, having just quit my job and not bothered to get insurance that would cover me in a pregnancy (again, not planned). Of course there are things I could do about this, but I've been ignoring it. Time to get on the ball, I know. It's a lot to do. I don't even know any doctors out here to determine who is good and who isn't. I'm also debating doctor vs. midwife. Ugh. Where to even start?
Gasp... have you webcammed me? Or is it that obvious that I'm sustaining myself on pizza and fruit jammers?
Also... GIRL! You're the first person besides me to refer to it as "her." Darn straight.
Post a Comment