Friday, October 16, 2009

No News

Kind of disappointing news after yesterday's blog... no baby gender news for another 2 weeks. I went to my appointment today and even though I told them I was 18 weeks when I set the appointment, since it was a first visit they had gotten the smaller ultrasound machine ready rather than the one for 18-20 week ultrasounds (which checks things like anatomy and structure to make sure everything is OK, and it can also determine gender). In the end neither ultrasound got done. The midwife said the smaller one would have been ridiculous because I am clearly pregnant, and all it does is confirm pregnancy. The anatomy ultrasound is much more detailed and they would have had to set an appointment for it, which they did not do. So I guess we have a lot of strawberry and blueberry cupcakes to eat tomorrow but no news to go along with them. I set my follow up for November 5th, and they promised to do the ultrasound then. It will be nice to know that baby cakes has all the right numbers of arms and legs and that things are developing well. I did get to hear the heartbeat again today, and the midwife said it was nice and strong.

No comments: