Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baby Girl!


My favorite, you can see her face so clearly!


The 2 little bumps are "her vagina" as the ultrasound lady said. Makes sense.





I think that's her hand that looks like it's touching the screen.




Oh, and apparently the due date is actually March 18th instead of March 28th according to the ultrasound measurements and calculations.

The ultrasound was SO awesome. We got to see her flail her arm, we got to see her stretch, and then we got to see her roll completely over! It was amazing and so cool to watch! She also visibly kicked while we were watching her, and I felt her kick me right at the same time. WOW! Now our little baby is starting to have an identity. I'm especially happy that *I* was right on the girl thing (I never get to be right) and Jeff owes a guy from work a coke.



10 comments:

Kady Cannon said...

I'm so delighted for you. This is going to be so much fun.

Until about the age of 13, that is.

starrynights said...

Yay! Another girl around Isabel's age. We know waaaay too many boys her age...Josh is already polishing the shot gun.

Congrats! I love baby girls. Now you can go crazy with the pink girly clothes. It's funny how I pretty much hated the color pink until I found out I was having a girl and now even *I* wear pink from time to time...

Do we get know the name choices?

dreameyce said...

Eeek! I KNEW IT! I swear, the nesting early thing whas what made me think 'girl'! No longer 'it', it's now 'she'! :)

Now, you have to come back to Oregon, so we can have little Cardi girl play groups at shows ;0P

Tavs said...

Haha. Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Until about age 13.

I really do wish I was in Oregon so all our corgi girls could play together at shows. I'll have to make it there for some.

I think her name is going to Matilda. It's our first choice. Just trying to decide how much ridicule I can take from unhappy family over our name choice. Even the most hands off family members seem to have an opinion when there's a baby involved. I mean frighteningly opinionated like you've never seen them before!

Traci said...

I'm SO excited for you, Tavia!!! :) If you guys decide on Matilda, I hope you'd be ok if I called her "Matty" :)
May I ask what drew you guys to Matilda?? Thats definitely not a name you hear much...

Tavs said...

Traci, I think a lot of people will be calling her Matty. I love the name Matty, but it's also kind of overused right now so that's my only hesitation. Don't worry, though, my own aunt said the same thing last night. She said I should just name the kid Matty because that's what she would be called (by everyone including my whole family, who hate the name Matilda).

I have always liked the name Matilda, but it wasn't really at the front of my mind. Then I had a dream about the baby and her name was Matilda. It just sort of stuck and I've been calling her that ever since.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

<3 me

Tavs said...

Thx Ches :)

Holly said...

Congrats! :-)

starrynights said...

I love the name Matilda! And yes, people will probably call her "Mattie" whether you want them to or not.

People call Isabel "Izzy" all the time, family included, even though we *never* do...!

We just laugh when her aunt or uncle are trying to get her attention calling her "Izzy" and she doesn't respond. Isabel looks around like "Who's Izzy? Is there another kid here?"

LOL...