Monday, November 30, 2009

Going Ons

Jeff says it's been too long since I've updated my blog. Who knew husbands cared about blogs? I guess I haven't had much to say lately!

I did notice when I logged on today that the baby countdown is officially under the 4 month mark! Woohoo! Though I'm not super excited about popping large things out of small places, the prospect of having a miserable few hours is looking better and better when compared to sleeping in awkward and uncomfortable positions all night, waddling, tripping over my own feet, not being able to wear my clothes, and the inability to take Nyquil when sick. I actually might miss having her kick me so hard in the crotch that my knees almost buckle (it's like our little form of communication) but seeing her in person should make up for that.

Thanksgiving was fun this year. We went to Jeff's parents' house the Sunday before real Thanksgiving to do our dinner with them (they were going out of town). I will have to get some pictures from Diane to post on the blog, because I didn't take any. We took over the deep fryer (my only culinary contribution to the marriage other than lots of dishes) and fried a turkey. His parents had never had fried turkey before, and we think it's the only way to go, so we had to share. We figured if they didn't like it, they were having a more traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday anyway, so it wasn't the end of the world! After some frustration getting the deep fryer to start, we got our turkey frying and it was a hit! Then when real Thanksgiving rolled around a few days later, we decided to fry some more! We originally had 2 whole chickens to fry, figuring we would be sick of turkey. Then while I was at Kroger I ran into the spend $20 get a turkey for 28 cents per pound deal. Not being able to pass up a $3 turkey, I bought one, and we did A LOT of frying that night. Needless to say, our freezer has a lot of meat in it now.

I got sick over the weekend. I should have expected it- Jeff and Quinn have both been sick in the past couple weeks. Jeff had bronchitis and Quinn had a sinus infection. So apparently it was my turn, and I spent the weekend on the couch. I did manage to finish off the baby registry (the shower isn't for a couple months, but family has been bugging me to get this done with Christmas coming up) AND watch some good movies! OK, one of the movies (Penelope- produced by Reese Witherspoon where the girl is cursed to have a pig nose until someone can love her in spite of it) was REALLY good. The other one I watched (Baby on Board) was kind of weird and was so crude in parts that I ended up constantly playing with the volume so Jeff and Quinn wouldn't hear it and think I was a freak for watching it... it was *just* good enough that I wanted to see how it ended, and it had Heather Graham in it... so it was like really cute chick flick merged with American Pie style humor throughout. The final verdict= not very good! Then Quinn wanted to watch one of those cheerleader movies called Fired Up, where the football players ditch football camp and join the cheerleading squad so they can go to cheer camp with all the girls. Of course. So we watched that. It was nice to sit around and be lazy for a weekend, in spite of being sick, and one of the highlights was Jeff making me some really spicy turkey noodle soup from scratch (hey... lots of leftover $3 turkey!) to clear out my sinuses!

Other than that, not much going on. Still sick, but not as bad as I was over the weekend. I imagine I'll take a nap around noon because I'm already starting to feel wiped out and it's only 8am.

And now... of to do Monday. Ugh.

No comments: