Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update on Life

Ah... little brother is spending the night at the neighbor's house, and that means blog time!

You know summer has finally hit in Washington when you check the 10 day forecast and there is not a day of rain to be seen. Yay! I've been taking advantage of the weather by painting the house. It's looking really good, and I even got the house numbers back up so people can find us again. I got sick of giving directions by saying "We are the 4th house in on the right... the one that is tan with brown trim on the bottom and blue on top, and we have no house numbers." The rainy season made my paint project come to a halt, but hopefully it will be done before the end of the month now.

Today my cousin came over and installed a new garbage disposal! My little 1/2 horsepower Badger 5 looks great under the sink! Little cousin went through plumbing school a couple years ago and is working his way up at a local plumbing company. What a handy relative, right?! He scared me a bit today when he sat down next to the sink and said "Well, this is my first garbage disposal." Everything worked out fine, though. Afterwards we bbq'd and ate fruit pizza, the new favorite dessert of everyone who tries it!

On a crappier note, I am having horrible allergies. I hear that it is a really bad year for them out here, which it must be, because I've never had seasonal allergies before in my life.

On an interesting note, I read an article on msn.com that says if I buy an average house today in Sugarland, TX I will have $80k in equity by 2012. Then it said if I buy a house in Portland OR/Vancouver, WA today I will have -$130k equity. Yes, for those of us that have not been in math for a few years, that was a NEGATIVE sign in front of the very big number. I'm not sure how that factors out since I already own a house, but since my equity is nowhere near the $130k mark now, I am assuming it means I should get my butt moved to Sugarland, TX.

And on the moving note. I don't wanna (insert whiny voice). I do wanna... I don't wanna. I can't make up my mind. My -$130k house out here is so cute and starting to look nice, and I really love my neighborhood. I would get a much nicer positive $80k house in Sugarland for quite a bit less. The whole moving thing is so daunting, though. If I had someone to fix my house, sell my house, find me a new house, time it all, and pack/move my crap we might be in business. Blah, blah, blah. This is the same crap I always say (Seriously, I was reading this over and I am literally sick of listening to myself). Basically I am just a wishy washy person. Throw in the fact that it really is nice visiting with family as often as I do, and that a lot of my old friends are here, it is pretty nice. Not a forever place, for sure, but kind of hard to leave. Just wait, though. If I make it to the next rainy season (which I doubt, I want to put the house up in August) my bags will be PACKED.

I picked a wicked fight with the bf yesterday. Yep, it was a doozy. Really not funny subject matter, but sometimes if you know your faults you just have to laugh at them. I'm only giving it small mention here, but it is really bothering me because I can be a particularly vile sort of bitch when I am in an emotional state. And I'm getting kind of sad about the mom thing. I really didn't give half a shit this time last month, and I think the people who get all sad around the time people die are really stupid and I make fun of them. I have to say the year mark really blows, though. Like 4th of July because last year was her last 4th of July and she actually mentioned that it would be her last 4th of July. And it was kind of a crappy one. I am also updating a lot of stuff in the house, which she always wanted to do, but we could never afford to do before. So I feel kind of bad that she didn't get to enjoy that. Plus today... what broke the old garbage disposal was the constant cancer puking and not being able make it past the kitchen sink. I SO hope nobody reads my blogs, but there was barf all clogged up in the disposal today when we took it out. Yuck.

On a FUNNY note... we all know that most Asians for whom English is a second language have difficulty pronouncing the letter R... right? So why did the Chinese girl who sits behind me at work have parents who thought it was a fabulous idea to name her cLara? Clara!!!!! She makes at least 3 calls a minute, and I have to listen to her all day saying "This is Cla-wha" and "I would like to talk to you about cwedit cawd pro-cess-ing?" Aaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I basically want a couple BFFs, a mom, a movie, some comfort food, and then the world could potentially be right again. Since my BFFs are scattered across the country, my mom is in a box (and the only other 2 moms who would work are in Texas), and sitting on my ass watching movies while eating sweet stuff, followed by salty stuff, followed by sweet stuff will make me fat, I am pretty much screwed. Lol. The whole cruddy emotional thing will definitely pass, but I kinda need a hug.

3 comments:

Desirea said...

*HUGS FROM NEW ZEALAND - BIG TIGHT COMFORTING YOU CANT BREATH HUGS*

You'll always be my BFF....

And Jon sends his hugs too!

Kady Cannon said...

(Hug)

I'm always available as a surrogate mom.

Traci said...

((hug)) from the desert... I was an emotional sort of basket case this week myself... for different reasons.... but i hear ya. :( Sorry it's been a tough one... ((hug)) (but you still owe me an email ;-) LOL)