I hope the roof doesn't cave in from all the snow, holy crap.
This has to be my new computer wall paper because my dog is so cute.
Getting ready to pounce on the snow
Finally, appropriate diggingWell, yesterday was more eventful than I really would have liked. My neighbor and I walked to the store in town for toilet paper, snacks and movies. It seemed a lot safer than driving on a sheet of ice. On our way into town we walked on the fluffy, snowy sidewalk. Well, on our walk back home we discovered that the clever La Center public works crew had decided to scrape the sidewalk... leaving it a sheet of ice.
I was walking with trash bags on my feet so my tennis shoes wouldn't get all wet and cold. Yes, trash bags. I'm a classy gal. All the way, my neighbor Donna was telling me I should not wear trash bags on my feet in the ice because I had no traction. So imagine my guilt when I heard a loud thud behind me and turned to see Donna splattered out on the ice. Not only did Donna fall, she fell good. She broke her ankle!!! In fact, her bone went one way and her foot went the other. Some kind people out 4 wheeling offered her a ride home, and from there she called 911. The fire girls came first, and then the ambulance! Donna got an IV of morphine right there in her living room, and hauled off to the hospital on a stretcher. She apparently broke her bones better than anyone else in the hopital, so she was first in line for surgery last night. Today she came back home, which was a relief to me AND her kids, because we didn't know quite what to do with each other. They were pretty good, though. We cleaned the house for their mom so she could get around easily, and watched movies.
One of my neighbors got out to the grocery store, and thank goodness for my little brother being the kind of kid who hoards cash so we had money to give him to get us groceries. Because NOBODY is getting out to the ATM, lol. Of course the little brat is trying to collect interest from me now (it actually makes me slightly proud that he has such a head for business). So, anyway, now we have all the meat we could possibly need, milk, stuffing and eggs. I should be able to throw together some kind of makeshift Christmas with all that! One of my other neighbors owns a tractor shop, and brought a big tractor home to plow our cul-de-sac with. Of course this turned the cul-de-sac into an ice skating rink, but he meant well!
We're expecting between 4 and 8 inches more of snow tonight. The forecast seems to call for more every time I turn the tv on. So we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Lily and I went out and shook snow off the trees leaning on top of our fence, and they popped right back up off the fence! Lily really enjoyed this, and let the snow fall down on top of her, and snapped at it with her teeth. We also shoveled off the patio so the shorter members of our household could get outside. Cosmo has no manners and it was starting to smell like a kennel right outside the door, because that is as far as he was going, thank you very much!

2 comments:
Your fence should be all right. Sounds like Donna has seen better days though...
Yeah, she definitely has seen better days. She's not having a very good sense of humor about it, either. Or maybe that's just me trying to be funny again, which we know doesn't work.
Post a Comment