Ok. I am pissed.
Snow sucks.
Christmas Eve is always the day we celebrate, open gifts, etc. I am TRYING, with much resistance from my brother, to keep tradition alive.
Since everyone is snowed in, nobody is going anywhere for Christmas. Which means the neighbors are home. I like the neighbors, but apparently my brother likes them better than he likes me. Since they are home this year instead of at their grandma's where they belong, it is painfully obvious where priorities lie.
I did have the forethought to buy stuff for a nice dinner tonight. I got plenty for everyone, so we could share since Donna has a broken ankle and can't really cook.
WELL... I just got informed that we are having feetucine alfredo for dinner. Because THAT is what they have at their house and the only thing her boys trust me to cook, since my cooking is so "bad." Of course when I walked into the house with bacon this morning those two boys had fists full of it and my brother and I didn't get a bite. That's not really the point- Quinn eats over there all the time so I'm not being food posessive. Just that when it suits them my food is fine to eat.
Seriously, though, I am PISSED! I get cheated out of family time AND the dinner I wanted to make? I might actually have to take a stand here and inform them that we are having MY dinner or they can go hungry. I was really looking forward to a quiet night at home with my brother, opening gifts and having a nice dinner. Now he is out on the door step with the neighbors kids greedily waiting for the UPS truck to arrive with gifts (because of course we've been snowed in for 2 weeks so all the gifts had to be ordered online and are late on top of it). What a nice way to ruin Christmas.
Bah Humbug. I hate this, and I am mad.
No comments:
Post a Comment