Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Upcoming Trip!

We all know that I am incredibly big dork, but in my defense, before ever reading Twilight I was dying to go the Olympic Peninsula. The only thing holding me back is that the part of the peninsula I knew about is only accessible by ferry, and the only accomodations there are either your own tent, or ridiculously expensive resorts/hotels. I hate driving my car onto ferries, and I won't pay over $100 a night to sleep. While reading the books, however, I was falling in love with the scenery and began wondering if this little town called Forks really existed. Well, it does... about 2.5 hours away from my house, in fact! Washington never ceases to amaze me. If you can get out of the city, there is no better state to live in.

So, I got very lucky this year. I was quasi considering renting a cabin in the woods near Forks for my birthday. I was also really wanting to see Jeff for my birthday. Well, for some reason the stars aligned, and plane tickets for the weekend of January 30th took a nose dive. Jeff is coming to town, and we are all going to Forks over my birthday weekend! I am so excited!

I just rented the following cabin:
It is right by the entrance to the rain forest, and only 20 minutes from the beaches. We may go up into the mountains, too, which I hear overlook the ocean. I'm also hoping we see elk. I think I could probably live someplace like this forever, and will most definitely be grabbing a real estate book while I am there so I can fuel my "2nd home" dreams.

We'll take lots of pictures and post them when we get back.

No comments: