Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Very "Crappy" Ending

You know you're a crazy dog lady when life's major events can be unraveled by none other than... a piece of overlooked dog poo.

So, on Friday we got an offer on the house. It seemed to be "the offer." Very well timed, willing to pay full price, made the same day that we decided to offer on a house in Houston that we love. Then I get a call last night- the buyers needed to bring their Grandpa by the house to look, since he is making the down payment. Just as surely as I felt this offer was IT, I felt that Grandpa would be the kiss of death.

I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned... swept 2ce, then used the shop vac, then mopped. I thought I was in really good shape. I'd never gone to that much trouble cleaning before. I left the house, still feeling uneasy, but knowing I had done the best I could short of bringing in the pros (which unfortunately one cannot do when they have only a few hours notice).

I was away from my house, and about half an hour later the phone started ringing off the hook. First my realtor... "Grandpa was very 'put out' by the dog smell and all the dog hair in the house. Didn't you sweep and mop?" Then the buyer's agent telling me that Grandpa had stepped in a pile of crap on the patio!!! Yes, my Bunny is a patio pellet pooper! I thought I'd gotten it all shoveled up, but apparently there was a little turd on the doggy ramp and Grandpa walked into it. OMG.

So the buyers want the house. They should... they are the filthy people who went through my medicine cabinets and actually "dribbled" on my toilet seat when they were viewing the house. Obviously they don't mind filth (not that my house is filthy, I cleaned!). However, now they have to beg Grandpa to let them buy it. Anyway... I feel pretty bad. I was really hoping this would be the sale, and that things would start moving forward for moving to Houston. On the flip side, I am a bit entertained that evil Grandpa stepped in a pile of doggy doody since he obviously takes after the part of anatomy that the doody comes from.

So I will find out tomorrow if they go for the house or not. My realtor called and tried to make amends by saying we'd be happy to have the house professionally cleaned prior to their move in. My friend Jen said that she expects to see a full price offer, minus the cost of Grandpa's new pair of shoes. LOL! Evil dog haters.

1 comment:

Traci said...

While kinda crappy (pun intended ;-) ), I really hope they come through with the offer you're looking for Tavs! Tho I *still* think you're wacko for wanting to move to Hurricane, her Houston, I know how much this means to you! ;-) We'll have all of our appendages (even the doggie toes) crossed for you that this is THE offer! *hugs*