Sunday, February 8, 2009

I really need to suck it up

I haven't been this much of a baby in a really long time. I think I am overly stressed by my move (which entails packing as well as lots of legalities in terms of my brother's guardianship) and my slightly crippled dog who is currently growling at the dog food bag. So I had a bit of a meltdown today. I also have a sty in my eye, which happens when I get too stressed.

Jeff picked another house. It's actually a pretty cool house, now that our realtor calmed me down and talked me through the floor plan. Jeff tried to calm me down, but this was beyond his abilities... I needed a professional calmer-downer. It's a one story ranch, which is the one and only thing I absolutely did not want. In fact, I had crossed it off the list to see, but Jeff accidentally grabbed my before list instead of my revised list, ended up seeing it and fell in love.

It does feed to a terrific high school, is pretty well updated, is in great shape, and even has a huge dog run (more like a whole fenced in yard for the dogs seperate from the rest of the back yard) in the back which will come in handy when we need to seperate Lucky and his precious testicles from my respectable fixed dogs. It is an 11,000 square foot lot, which is awesome. There is a laundry closet (arg) instead of a laundry room. However, it has several living spaces, including a living room and a seperate giant den. So it's really a good house, and once Barbrena did her realtor thing I stopped crying. Hey, I am in sales and understand that purchasing can be emotional, and I am not too proud to let my realtor do her job and see me through a crisis, because I really wanted the big 2 story house that they couldn't get in to see, that had gorgeous french doors leading out of the kitchen to the covered patio. I am ok, though.

That is, I WAS ok, until I found out that if they accept our offer (which is pretty darned good so I don't see why they woudn't) they are unable to close until 2-3 weeks after my house in Washington closes. Que blubbering. I am being a baby. My neighbor is wonderful and said she would take us in for 2 weeks so Quinn can go to school, and she is even willing to let Marcy stay with us. My Aunty Gail is taking Cosmo for 2 weeks. So I really just have to find a place to board Lily and Buuuuuud, and of course Lucy is still up in the air growling at her dog food bag (actually, I moved the dog food bag out into the garage she she would stop fussing over it). I will have to sit here and watch icky people move into my house, though. I am very unhappy about this. Plus I will essentially be HOMELESS for 2 weeks. 3 weeks, really, but I won't count travel time.

5 comments:

Traci said...

*hug* it'll all be ok Tavia.... but I'm sure it's beyond stressful right now. Rest assured that you're going to be as happy as a clam when you pull into Houston and get a great big hug from your sweetie - knowing you guys will be starting the next chapter in your life! :) *hug*

Kady Cannon said...

You know, having a single-story ranch isn't such a bad idea. You never know when someone is going to break his or her leg and wind up in a wheelchair or something.

It will all work out.

5 little speckled frogs said...

I love ranches...I don't think I'll ever convince Grove (he grew up in a 4 story Victorian and thinks ranches look like trailers), but it would make my life so much easier. At this point, we would need a ranch with a finished basement to have enough room for all of us, but I still want one...well, I want one with an open floor plan & vaulted ceilings so it doesn't feel like a trailer...not asking too much, right?

Anonymous said...

It will all work out! If you need any help packing/moving, let me know! It's much easier to pack/clean out other people's stuff than your own.

Also, don't let my facebook message to you add to your stress...but you should still let me do it (unless someone else is). :)

I like the house! It sounds awesome.

Tavs said...

I think you guys all went and voted for house #4 to make me feel better :)

You're all right, though. It will work out. Also, my mom had a wheelchair for a while, and my neighbor broke her ankle recently and has to live on her first floor only, so you are right, Carolyn, a one story might be a more practical idea! I'm loving the idea of a quarter acre lot.