Sunday, February 15, 2009

Messy Madness and Baby's First Bath

This morning I woke up (ok, this afternoon I woke up, which is why I had problems) and not only had Lucy peed on the floor, but Lily had peed in her crate. As soon as I opened the crate I realized Lily had pee all over her, even up to her head, and she shook off, and sprayed me with pee, then ran a beeline to the door tracking pee puddle footprints all through the house. WOW.

And then comes bath time... I got Lily into the tub and was quickly reminded that this was puppy's first bath. Uh oh! This summer we just sprayed her with the hose and called it good, because she was excited about playing in the water anyway. She thrashed and kicked and slid and jumped and acted a fool... until Bunny came in. I wish I understood even an ounce of what goes on in dog language. We were having a downright wrestling match in the bathroom, and then the old lady quietly slipped into the room. She stood in front of the tub very calmly and just looked at Lily, and Lily became a respectable dog INSTANTLY. I am dead serious, no exaggeration. My good old girl stood by the tub through the entire bath. Lily was calm and nice about it (even though she shook and was obviously afraid). I could not believe it. Anyone want to interpret? Needless to say, I love my Bunny and she gets a chewy treat for being so wonderful.

Now Lily smells like vanilla and I smell like dog pee, so off to the showers for me.

No comments: