Well, I thought I'd blog a bit as I sit at the orthodontist waiting for Quinn... to get his braces off! He's getting a lot of perks from this moving thing, and one of them was his orthodontist deciding his teeth would be fine if his braces came off early.
It's snowing here again today. I don't think I've seen it snow this much here as long as I've been alive! I've definitely learned more about how to drive in it, since with this kind of winter, staying home every day it snows isn't really an option. Even the kids have been going to school in it.
Lucy has a vet appt today. I cut her back from 2 prednisone each day to 1, partly because she was running out and I wanted to see how she'd cope without it, and partly because she can't hold her pee until I wake up so I was hoping that we'd be able to back off the steroids a bit. So we'll see what happens at the vet. She's not doing well at all, though. She actually seemed a bit scared when I tried to pet her today, like I might hurt her.
Jeff found a house, and I am tempted to not say a word until the inspections come through. I really hope this one works. Not only because I don't want to be homeless sleeping at my neighbor's house for any longer than I already will be, but because it will be an awesome house. I'm over my anti-ranch sentiments and just decided to be happy that it's a huge house on a quarter acre lot for the pooches, has a lot of privacy, and feeds to one of the best high schools in the entire Houston metro area. I had originally put this high school at the top of my list, but quickly determined that we couldn't afford any of the neighborhoods that fed to it. Somehow this house popped up at just the right time, though, and is very nice AND in a comfortable price range. Quinn's been working really hard at school again, and his high school now has talked about switching him to some accelerated classes. He is in that mode where he doesn't want to be doing a bunch of AP classes again and working his butt off... but in regular classes he finishes his homework during class and a lot of it is review. I guess what I'm saying is I hope that the regular classes at this new high school, which is academically recognized for being above average, wil be the right fit so that he is challenged, but doesn't have to do AP where they like to give the kids 3 and 4 hours of homework each night.
Alright, signing off now to see Quinn's purdy new teeth!
No comments:
Post a Comment