Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 6

Well, the trip is winding down... thank goodness!

Today we got to San Antonio. The trip didn't go as quickly as it did yesterday, but we got here. We went to Market Square for Mexican food (I had a poblano pepper for the first time in over a year!!!) and I think everyone actually had a good time. Yay! Market Square is very festive, so it's hard not to have a good time.

Tomorrow the guys are going to the Alamo while I do laundry. A couple of my dogs trip out when I leave them alone in a strange place (not naming names, ahem, Cosmo and Lily), so I decided to stay at the Motel 6 with them and do laundry so we all have clean clothes. I've been to the Alamo a few times, and my sole purpose for going this time would be to get a "You can all go to hell and I will go to Texas" t-shirt... which I probably have no business wearing at my age even if it IS a historical quote : )

Tomorrow we drive to Houston! Wahoo! It's been a little surreal thinking about moving to Houston permanently, but tomorrow we close on the house, and my brother flies in, and Wednesday we move in. So it's the real deal. Yay!

Another highlight of tomorrow will be bbq-ing at Howard and Diane's. Yay! They are Jeff's parents for those of you who don't know. Diane makes the best dinners (and breakfasts, and cheesecakes... she has mad cooking skills)... and no I am not just saying that because she is my blog follower and soon to be mother in law : ) I haven't seen them in over a year now, so I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't even seen the house since they redecorated. Gasp! Should be fun.

Side note- the motel 6 in downtown San Antonio is downright posh (well, on the inside). They've decorated it very modern. Think Ikea gone wild. Complete with a wall mounted flat screen. It's actually very, very nice! Of course the outside is full on Motel 6-ish. Only one more night of motel-ing it with the dogs then we'll have our house and yard. Can't wait. I hope Jeff has time to show me the house tomorrow!!!

Goodnight for now, blogger friends. My 3 bed dogs and I need sleepy sleep time.

No comments: