By far the best day of the trip! On the way to Phoenix we stopped at a rest stop on I10 and ran into another Cardigan family taking their dogs out for a pee! I had to text Mandy and brag about having the "eye" now, because I spotted these dogs and knew somehow there was a common relationship with our little crew from Oregon. We got to talking, and it turns out they are Carbon grandkids (or great grandkids... the lady was a pet owner and not super up on her cardi family tree but she knew Carbon had a fairly close relationship and was fairly certain they were grandkids). I wish I knew who else was in them for comparison's sake, because it wasn't so much that they looked Carbon-y that caught my eye. They were from Debbie Burnette (sp?) and named Dexter and Piper, if anyone in our small little world knows them. They do agility.
Our trip to Phoenix was nice and short, and we checked into our ghetto (can't win them all) Motel 6 in Phoenix. Last night we met up with one of my best friends since childhood, Janiene, her awesome husband Marvin, and Marvin's mom (who is also visiting). We went out for dinner and didn't roll back into the Motel 6 until about 1am. It was a lot of fun.
Now we're about to get up and eat at Ihop, then meet up with Traci and crew (including grandpuppy Sedona!) for a nice hike. Then I think we'll head off towards El Paso and see how far we get. We should hit Houston Tuesday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment