Friday, August 21, 2009

Random Updates on Life

Today I had a job interview, which went really well! I know a few blogs ago I mentioned starting my own business. It went really well at first, but then summer hit and people started being on constant vacation, and then I ended up getting pregnant and spending all my time exhausted and puking. Not to say that the business wouldn't work out, because if I don't get this job I'll keep on with it. This was something I had applied to a couple months back, though, and had assumed was filled when I didn't get a call (not to be cocky- it is just beyond a perfect fit for my experience). Then I got a call Wednesday asking me to come in for an interview! They just barely got around to interviewing for it and the recruiter said I was top of their list of people to bring in! It's in the same industry I've been in for 8 years, but the company is by far the largest (they are involved in probably 90% of the electronic transactions in the world) with so many different opportunities and departments, and it would be a really sweet gig if I got it. I have a friend who works there and she passed my resume along. The position is basically very high end customer service. They don't want their large customers (they process for major retail chains and huge stores like that) calling an 800 number customer service line, so they assign them their own team of people to cater to their every servicing need. It would be really stressful just because the accounts I'd be working with are intimidatingly huge names, but it would be an AWESOME job and a great step in my career. Not to mention terrific benefits, which I really, really need right now- not only medical, dental and vision, but tuition reimbursement, as well. The interview went really well today and as I was walking out the interviewer said that I would definitely be hearing from them in the next couple weeks about a second interview. So cross your fingers for me! This would be absolutely perfect. Oh yeah, the other perk- the door to the office faces the door to my friend Cheska's office, which would be so beyond great for my mental health and happiness! We live so far out that socializing is a big production!

Earlier this week I thought that Cosmo had sprained his ankle because he was limping badly on one foot, and when I went to touch it (to see if he had something stuck in his pad) he pulled away from me and seemed to be in a lot of pain. Since nothing was in his foot, Mandy and I talked about just crate resting him and seeing if he improved (she said sprains in the ankle are pretty uncommon, so he probably just did something to cause himself some pain). So he has been taking it easy and seems to be doing much better. He had a minor lapse the other day when I let him out of his crate and he hopped up and down frantically to see me. He is so chesty and heavy that I think he must hurt himself when he lands. He also plays way too hard with the big dogs when he goes outside- I frequently see him running and think he is going way faster than his legs! So now he, Bunny and Bud go out together now, and Lily and Lucky go out seperately. Cosmo doesn't like this arrangement but, like I said, his foot is doing a lot better!

This is week 10 of being pregnant (yuck) and I still feel like barfing. In fact, I have been fighting it back since dinner! I keep hearing that in 2 more weeks I'll be in the clear, though, so I am counting down to that. This whole getting bigger thing is really gross. I crammed myself into figure shaper pantyhose today because, let's face it, nobody wants to hire the pregnant gal, and gave myself a giant belly ache! I looked really good in my power suit, and got tons of compliments, and almost cried because I am not going to be able to dress like that for much longer... well, and also, because I haven't dressed like that in a long time and it felt really good. As it was today, I had to take my skirt off before I could bend over to unbuckle my shoes when I got home! Yuck. Plus when I'm not sucking it in, everyone pays a ton of attention to my stomach and I find it really offensive. I don't like having all that attention, and I don't like people touching it. My awesome mother in law took me out shopping a few days ago and we found some really pretty maternity clothes. I'm just not ready for this, though, especially after today. This isn't what I do. I miss who I used to be and who I am. I get dressed, I go to work, I make money. That's my deal and I miss it. I haven't done much of it since my mom died. In fact, darn it, I'm independent, people don't touch my belly and tell me I am cute, and they don't look at me and say things like "Aw." I'm not liking life very much right now at all. I think it's mostly self esteem over the job thing. I didn't realize how really terrible I feel about myself when I sit at home all day and do nothing. Even when I sit at home all day and make sales, I feel bad about myself, because sales is so mundane and mind numbing. No offense to anyone who is in sales, it's just not my thing. I know I can make a ton of money at it, but I am not making a ton of money at it because I hate it. I think I'll make more money doing something I really enjoy and can get into. So maybe that's my epiphany. Even if I don't get THIS job, maybe I really need to start looking for other jobs so I can start feeling ok about myself again. I have a lot of goals, like paying off my bills and getting a better car, and helping Quinn with college, and getting a house in Washington... I really need a reliable way to get myself there.

Wow maybe that turned into a gripe fest. I'm trying to think about whether anything else has gone on. Not really, I guess. Quinn starts school Monday, but he hates when I blog about him- though I will say I am impressed that he got terrific grades this summer and took summer school really seriously. He's all caught up to where he needs to be now, and seems really happy, and has a much better attitude. He's making friends and is really determined to make this school year a success. I'd say that's the happiest thing in my life right now, is watching him do so well! It makes me more glad that we moved here, because I guess maybe he really did need a change after thngs went to hell back home.

Oh, and we have all sorts of cool animals. Like lazards that crawl on our windows at night and we can watch them eat bugs. There is also a frog living under my hanging sunshine on the porch. Oh, and while we were outside trying to watch a Cicada molt the other night, Lily ran by and ate it, WHOLE! Nasty dawg. She looked very unhappy. I think it probably kept kicking for a while. Ew.

Oh yeah, and the other thing is that I am back to square one on therapy work for Bunny. I really wanted to volunteer with her, but the lady who does the testing out here is a total TOOL! She has been putting us off for 3 months. She told me to contact her at the beginning of August, and then when I did, she told me that she was putting together her August schedule and would email it to me. Guess what... today is the 21st and still nothing. I think she can "f" off. Seriously, don't run a volunteer organization if you don't want people to come and volunteer. It's very disappointing. I can go online and find another tester, but the group she runs is the only one that is a convenient distance from the house. I think there is another one near downtown, though, and even though that is about 45 minutes away, if that group actually wants volunteers it wouldn't be too bad for Bunny and I to drive a couple times a month. So I'll keepo everyone posted on our efforts. I have kind of put off researching and starting the contact making process again, but I want to get going on that in the next couple weeks. Bunny's not getting any younger, and I think it would be a great way to spend some time with her. It sounds dumb, but I love sharing my dogs with other people- especially people who may not have their own dogs around. Bunny, especially, has such an amazing impact on people. They can just sit with her for hours, and she is so comforting to everyone.

No comments: