Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Interior Design Bug

Yesterday I had to go get a tire for my car, and decided to take advantage of the cute shopping center right across from the tire store rather than sit and inhale rubber fumes while waiting for my car. Oh yeah, not to mention I was totally Texas-ed out sitting there. I was in line behind a skanky blond with a hideous accent, waiting for a Dodge RAM bigger than her hairdo (if that is possible) and an orange self tanner wanna be body builder 40 something with shorts cinched up so tight by his Texas belt that I could see his panty line (and we are talking only 3/4 cheek coverage, friends). Not pretty!

Back to the market...

I went to this store called Kirkland's and they have a ton of cool stuff. I stumbled on cool metal animal thingies that hang on the wall! At first I thought they would be awesome for the entry, and then I instantly decided no... baby room! I didn't buy them, but they are on my list. They have a zebra, a giraffe, a lion and an elephant. The baby's room is going to be a kiddie jungle theme. Either tan walls with light green accents or light green walls with tan accents. I might even stencil the names of the animals underneath so that the baby can get smart and learn to read (am I getting ahead of myself?).

I've been really upset about parting with my blood red workout/music room, but this will be a design I can live with. Of course the kid has to love animals, so what better way to start?

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

how cute! i like your baby room idea. hope you're feeling good!

Tavs said...

Thanks, M! I am feeling MUCH better lately. Not as tired, not throwing up as much. Yay! We really need to set a phone date soon.