Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oops, I Did It Again (got rear ended, that is)


The car really doesn't look bad, which is nice. I am going to take it to the body shop and make sure, though, because the last time I got rear ended it looked fine like this, but the cushy accident buffer thing inside the bumper had been damaged and needed replacement. I think it is really hard to dent the bumper of a Focus.

I'm seriously having an eventful week. I was on my way to a meeting yesterday, and while sitting at a stop sign waiting to turn, I got rear ended! At first it felt like someone hit me REALLY hard with a baseball bat right on my lower back/upper butt area, and after that my car moved and the crunch registered in my brain. Then you have that "Uuuuuuuuuugh, I just got hit" moment. Of course I looked back, and it's never the little old man in the Lexus that hits you... it has to be a nasty stripped down Uhaul truck with a driver and passengers of questionable US residency. I would say welcome to Texas, but something similar happened to me in Washington. It just seems to be my luck.

I feel fine minus the horribly sore upper back and arm I woke up with this morning. My back is actually burning. I'll be heading to the doctor here soon to get things checked out. My mom had chronic back pain her whole life due to an auto accident, so I never mess around with back pain now. It didn't register that they hit me very hard, but they must have because I got an insta-headache after the accident, and their whole front end was bashed in and fluids were leaking out. My lovely little Focus did really well, as they always seem to do in crashes. I'm sure it's cool bumper impact thingy probably needs to be replaced like it did last time I got rear ended, but that thing seriously takes a beating for you.

For those who think I am a bad driver... again, just sitting at a stop sign. I swear I have magnetic bumpers. Every time this happens to me it's my reminder that instead of coveting a cute little sports car, I probably really do need a Subaru Forester with a 5 star crash rating. I might also want to see if I can get customized armor plating put on the car.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

that's crazy! what luck, huh?! i hope you're feeling much better.

Tavs said...

Thanks, M! I am still really sore, but I got in to see a chiropractor, so I am hoping that helps over the next few weeks.