Bunny anticipating dinner time
Lily and Cosmo at my feet
Dinner!
All bagged up in somewhat proper portions for the week
Goodbye Ol' Roy, we started raw feeding last week (I was only feeding Ol' Roy because I am career challenged and somewhat poor right now, so dog friends, be nice, at least I did something about it).
Raw is awesome. It is actually costing us less than Ol' Roy at about $10 per week for dog food. That's seriously economical. The best thing is that everyone loves it. We kind of had to learn manners again because certain dogs were wanting to mug me for the food. OK, Cosmo still needs to learn manners because he always finishes before Bunny and tries to con hers away from her (we do crate feed, but the Corgis are too long to fit in their crates with their bowls so they eat with their heads out). I just watch them and throw him outside when he's done now. Cosmo is by far the biggest fan of raw. He hops and turns cookies while I get the food ready each night. I don't blame him, because he must be feeling really good now. All his skin irritation seems to have gone away, and hair is starting to come back in on his chin. His chin wasn't exactly raw before, it was just sort of permanently bald. I'm hoping that another benefit we'll have is bunny's teeth getting cleaned up. The poor old lady has a bad tartar problem, and I've heard the bones can really take care of that.
Anyone who eats dinner at our house and is gagging about the raw meat bagged all over the counter, no worries... I use antibacterial 409 for kitchens on the counters after every meal.
3 comments:
Yay!
I think Raw really helps Wally when he's gone off. A couple of the good foods are ok for him, but on raw I see a huge difference.
Um, Bunny may not need much of it though...she isn't pregnant...
Yes, the dogs with allergy problems really seem to get cleaned up with the change.
A lot of the economics is finding the right places to shop. Oh, and for bones for teeth you might pick up some marrow bones or ribs or something as well.
Mandy, Bunny isn't eating too much I don't think. I've been giving her the smaller pieces, and I see her hips so she's definitely not gaining on it. I also go really light on the cottage cheese for her.
Carolyn, I took your advice and go to one of the food mart type places that sells a lot of ethnic food (where else can you find chicken backs right out next to the regular meats, lol). It's .59 per pound there for backs, and they had a special yesterday that was .59/lb for a 10lb bag of chopped up friers. So I grabbed one of those and some backs! I'll try finding a marrow bone for her teeth, I'd really like to clean those up.
Post a Comment