Close up view of this awesome sleeper. There are little windmills and recycling symbols, and the words "Think green" all over it. Also, the trees say "Hug me" on the inside. Yes, my inner hippy has been coming out a lot lately.
This onesie says "Green Baby" on it. I wish Jeff would leave his digital camera here now and then for my blogging habit (my cell phone pics leave a lot to be desired), but he likes to take it out of town with him, and I always forget to ask him to leave it. Maybe I need to save for my own, as I go looking for his at least 2ce a day! Anyway, this reminds me of something I would have worn as a baby, very simple, and I love the gray t-shirt material... $3.Clearly, I have a problem. It's impossible for me to go into Walmart or Target without looking at baby clothes! The nice thing for me is that I am having a spring baby, which means that I am totally scoring because everything warm weather related is going on major clearance right now to make way for all the little fleece wintry goodies. So... my problem has only cost me a grand total of $11 so far! Check out my loot, above. Other than this, I have a package of really cute lime green and brown onesies with duckies on them that I bought a couple months ago. I have no idea how many outfits a baby needs, but I am assuming one for every day of the week should do it? Considering how much they barf and poop I imagine we'll be doing laundry just about every day anyway. So other than getting a pair of pants and a little sweater or hoodie for when it is cold (Jeff's sister, Andrea, has been giving me some tips), the 0-3 month category should be covered. I think. Am I right? Please tell me, because I really AM clueless.
Also, we don't know the gender yet, in case these clothes make everyone wonder. I know a lot of these clothes are traditional "boy" colors. I'm so not a frilly person, and my own mom used to thread rip the little bows off of all my stuff. So I'm sticking with casuals and unisex colors. The girl stuff all seems so over the top (though I did find an adorable sleeper that was definitely for girls, but not frilly, and I was wishing I could fast forward a couple weeks and know already!). I also don't love the sports stuff for boys, which there is an absolute TON of. Disclaimer: this is not intended to guide anyone's shopping, as I happen to know that Grandma AND Auntie are waiting with baited breath to find out the gender so shopping can commence. I promise them right here in blog land that I will not thread rip any bows or cover up any sports related items they may decide to send the kidlette's way... I wouldn't ruin their fun like that :)


10 comments:
LOVE!!!!!! I have to pee. I'm gonna go now. But I do love the baby clothes. :)
-Ches
I appreciate the promise . . . can't wait!!! AKA Grandma :)
you don't have to buy more...that's what baby showers are about!
"Green baby" = adorable! And you know how I feel about wind turbines.
You'll get lots of cute fun things from your shower.... and you'll probably find, as most of my friends with kids have said, the kid will have more clothes than he/she will ever be able to wear before they grow out of them! :) Baby clothes are ADORABLE - *I* even find myself gawking at them, and I'm not expecting... ;-)
Such cute things! 0-3 only fits for the first week -- next time you find something irresistible, buy it in the 9 to 12 class size. You probably will get lots of onesies and cute little outfits at showers and as hand me downs.
You need more than 7! Just saying. You'll go through an average of probably 3 per day when they are little, due to spit up, leaky diapers, etc. I don't know that you therefore need 21, but I'd aim for at least 15 in each size range. Plus baby clothes are cute! Just don't ask me how many clothes my kids have, ok? ;-)
Ditto on the 0-3 not lasting for long on an average baby. That size is usually good for an average of 6 weeks or so. If you want to try to stretch the use of some things, buy rompers *without* attached feet. You can always put socks and soft shoes on to keep toes warm (they sell little leather soft shoes at Target that are great). Yes, you sometimes need the shoes because otherwise the socks come off. Trust me. Just don't get anything fussy shoe-wise, a little slip-on is great and cute.
My best advice is to ask for a Miracle Blanket as a shower gift. They are rather expensive, but they work wonders with a LOT of babies. When you are in the hospital, you may notice that all the nurses are REALLY GOOD at swaddling the babies nice and tight. And the babies, they are calm. Well, when you get home you'll try and try to get that same nice tight swaddle so that your baby will sleep. And guess what? It's hard. Not impossible, but pretty hard. LOL The Miracle Blanket makes it super easy to get a nice solid swaddle on the baby so that they will sleep.
And now that I've gone way off topic, have fun shopping! I LOVE buying baby clothes.
Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone. I took inventory of the clothes tonight and so far I have one newborn onesie (which looks very small)... five 0-3 month onesies... one 3-6 month onesie and one 3-6 month sleeper. I think I'll start picking up more 3-6 and 6-9 month stuff like you are all suggesting. I've never heard of a miracle blanket, but I will put it on the list because I've heard pro swaddling is essential!
Carolyn, I know, we both heart wind turbines. I am going to be so thrilled the day I can get wind power. Well, actually, I could get wind power right now if you want to get technical, but I can't afford the extra 2 cents per kilo watt hour it costs! The northwest is like 6 cents a kw hr and out here it rund 11-13 cents! Eeeks! So adding an extra 2 cents is just not going to happen right now.
it just gets worse . . . . i mean i use to want to buy clothes for me all the time. now it's for baby girl. and she's already inherited enough clothes from her cousin, but i can't help it.
i really feel your pain.
I will second (third? fourth?) what the others have said...you need more than an outfit a day, but yes, they grow out of the 0-3 mos stuff in about 30 seconds.
I noticed that at baby showers you get a lot of 0-9 months clothing, but once they hit 12 mos, you're on your own. :)
Those clothes are so cute! Very Pacific NW, I am proud of you.
I have already bought your baby something. And I believe it is gender neutral. I am pretty sure your husband's gonna hate it. :)
Post a Comment