I just have not been up for blogging much lately. It is soooooo blistering hot here that I actually understand the meaning of having sweat on my brow. Not from hard work, but from sitting here in 90 degree heat with no air conditioning. What torture.
Well, Bunny tried using her foot today for the first time. Instead of attempting to walk on the top of her foot, she put her pad on the ground. Yay! I will admit, I have been calling her a knuckle dragger. Slightly cruel, but I figured she might get tired of hearing it and switch the the correct side. Plus when trying to explain how she was walking, knuckle dragger was just an easy way to put it to people... it creates a nice, and accurate, visual. The vet said that due to her nerve damage she could not tell the top of her foot from the bottom of her foot, but hopefully that would slowly heal.
Mandy's exercises are helping quite a bit. I noticed after a couple days of playing with the leg, Bunny would start to play with it herself and try moving it around. I think we are going to incorporate a little swim therapy in with that once a week and see if she starts trying more things with it. Thank you to everyone who gave their two cents on swim therapy! It sounds like a really nice supplement to get her up and moving.
The brightest report on Bunny is that the vet tech who told me they might have to amputate was totally wrong. The surgeon said he would have amputated to begin with if certain factors had been involved. Since she has proper circulation and blood flow to that leg, she will be able to keep it. Even if she never uses it fully, she will have it for balance and what not, and the limb will not die.
On a non-doggy note, we are having tile put into our master bathroom next week. I will put up some nice before and after pictures when it's all done. Since part of the plywood over the subfloor has to come up anyway, I just decided to take it all up and put the concrete backer for tile down. Well, before you all start thinking I am too handy, I am having the contractor take the plywood up and replace it with concrete backer. As I have mentioned before, I am not that cool.
Back to the doggy news, Bunny and Cosmo had a little reunion the other night! Bunny has started getting really restless about being confined to her room. So we decided to put the other 2 girls away, and bring Bunny and our calm boys out to the living room to watch some of the Olympics with us. Cosmo curled up with her instantly, and they gave a perfect Kodak moment of being wrapped in a little Corgi ball with Cosmo's head resting on Bunny's back. Aw, the love! Unfortunately, since Bunny and I have been attached at the hip for the past month and I cater to her every need, she broke the pose trying to follow me when I went to grab the camera. So no pics for the blog :( And those of you who noticed the the girls (plural) were put away before Bunny came out, yes I realize that as Bunny's bed rest comes to an end I can no longer be in denial about Lucy. Lily is fine... it is just the fact that she is the size of the Jolly Green Giant, clumsy, and hyper that she and a broken Bunny do not mix well. Lily actually ran at light speed into the house the other day, slid about 20 feet once she touched floor and ran head first into the kitchen counters. That's Lily.
I know I had more to say than this, but I am truly motivated to get out of this hot room.
No comments:
Post a Comment