Sunday, August 10, 2008

Swim Therapy?

So, does anyone know, can Corgis actually swim? With those little short legs and long bulky bodies I am doubting!

I saw this online news video about swim therapy for dogs. It supposedly helps with orthopedic recovery. There happens to be a center about 5 miles from my house. It's $45 for half an hour, which is not bad if it was once a week. Of course once a week might not help, and if it was more than once a week that is over the top expensive. Just wondering if anyone thinks I should look into it. Mandy mentioned physical therapy and gave me some good exercises to do. These people claim to have dogs up and walking in 4 weeks after orthopedic surgery so I thought it might be a nice supplement if it really worked.

Opinions?

3 comments:

Traci said...

I know JoAnne Rogers had Megan in swim therapy after her back problem, and she said it did wonders for Megan.... tho i know not every plan works for every situation...

dreameyce said...

Traum swims well, and now loves it... he used to hate swimming ;)

I actually made a post about Traum's swimming adventures on my studio blog the other day!

Brittany said...

If you wanted to know if Corgi's swim, the answer is yes :) and they're quite good at it. Although sometimes they need a little help in the bouyancy department. Here are a couple picts for you. http://files.dogster.com/pix/dogs/35/327635/327635_1180567755.jpg

http://files.dogster.com/pix/dogs/35/327635/327635_1157095524.jpg

Good luck with the recovery.I hope all goes well.
Brittany
& Jasmine