Sunday, August 17, 2008

Things I Want to Do

I was sitting at my desk the other day being very productive at work (wink), and started making a list of all the things I want to make sure I get done in my life. I figured I would put the list in the blog so that it has some sort of permanency... as opposed to getting lost in my purse. Here is the list, in no particular order:

1. Own a cute sports car. It doesn't have to be expensive or brand new. It just has to make me feel like I had a little fun instead of being completely sensible with my car purchase.

2. Travel to Australia and New Zealand. I'd like to see Australia Zoo, the Sydney Opera House, and go to some of the amazing beaches. In New Zealand I would like to explore the whole country. I would spend some time in the Auckland and Wellington, but mostly explore the south island and the unique scenery there. I think Cook Island has some animals that only exist there. Glaciers are also TOP on my list for the south.

3. Visit the beaches in South Carolina and stay in a beach house or hotel right on the beach.

4. Attend Quinn's high school graduation.

5. Get a Bachelor's degree (I start 5 of my last 15 classes a week from tomorrow!).

6. Get a Master's Degree. They are easy enough to work through and pay for at only 36 credit hours, and they help so much in a job search these days. Plus I would like to go above and beyond the regular expectation of just having a Bachelor's.

7. Have a girly slumber party at the Hotel Derek. This is totally attainable! A blender, some nail polish, room service, and maybe 2 or 3 of my closest girlfriends.

8. Wear a size 10 again. This is also something that is super attainable if I just work on it.

9. Own a house with an upstairs loft.

10. Own property about an hour outside of a small-ish city. That way when the world finally goes to hell in a handbasket I can grow my own veggies and drink clean water. It also must be in a part of the country or world where I will not die without air conditioning. I actually threw up from heat stroke the other day (even though I drank a TON of water) and if that happens when I am 30 I will probably just keel over when I am 60.

11. Have just one dog so I can lavish attention on it.

12. Adopt a baby girl from China.

13. Have enough money that if my brother needs a financial bail out (stupid with the college credit cards? downpayment on a reliable car?) in his early 20s I can deal with that, just like a parent would.

14. Dump my mom out along the Clackamas River like she asked, because she knew I would be a weirdo and keep her locked up in the dresser drawer for an entire year (or the rest of my life) and that's no way to remember someone.

15. Take Aunty Gail on a really nice trip, out of appreciation for all she and Uncle Jerry have done for me.

I think that is it for now. I may add more later, but better to keep it short and attainable. I really could do most of these things (if not all of them) by the time I am 40. In fact, I think that every time I accomplish one, I will re-post the blog and highlight my accomplishment in red, until finally everything will be in red!

If anyone has any suggestions for life enriching things that must be done, I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

what a great list! good luck with school - i am so proud of you working on this goal. you are amazing!

ps-i'd like to get a baby from china too. let's go at the same time!