My brother is such a funny guy. Earlier tonight I laid down on my bed to read and apparently fell asleep, because the next thing I knew I was waking up to really loud drumming and my friend, April, standing over me cracking up at my passed out state. April was going to leave me alone when Quinn said I was asleep, but he thought it would be fun to invite her and his friends in to help wake me up. Brat : ) I hadn't seen her in a long time, though, so I'm glad she came over... even if she did see me face down, drooling, laying crossway in my bed.
I'm seriously having the house selling blues. I'm really ready to be done with Washington, yet this is the 3rd weekend in a row that nobody is coming to see my house. So disappointing. Jeff and I found a house in Houston we almost made an offer on, but it just doesn't make sense to make a contingent offer and possibly lose some of the money we put down if we have to back out of the deal because mine doesn't sell in the contract timeframe. So disappointing. Wait... I already said that. It was an awesome floorplan, and as I looked at the pictures I was picking wall colors, changing out doors, deciding on flooring... I was totally seeing us there! Plus the price, the HOA fees, the taxes... all good which is challenging to find there. I imagine there will probably be something even better out there when the time is right. I'm just ready to be settled, and have Quinn in school, and was really hoping for Christmas in Houston. Christmas sucked last year, and it would be so fun to have a nice family Christmas again. I love my brother, but just the 2 of us chilling and watching him open a couple presents after eating my bad cooking doesn't quite have the festive feel that we're used to!
Bunny is getting a lot more mobile on her leg! I don't know why, but this week she has started putting more weight on it. I still don't think she'll ever use it regularly. I just think that she's learning and getting more and more clever in how she moves with it. Our favorite move is the fold. When she lays down or stands up, she kind of folds herself. It's interesting. She's a smart dog. She's also one of our favorites (ok, possibly our very favorite) because she is so stinkin sweet.
Well, off to bed. I am considering going shopping with April and Donna tomorrow to see if I can find an iPod deal for Christmas. Not sure how I feel about shopping on the busiest day of the year! My sanity might be worth paying regular price!
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment