Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lucky Charms

And joining the brood soon is... Lucky!

All my dogs have stupid nick names, and I always call Lucky "Lucky Charms" when I think Jeff might not be listening. He's really cute, albeit a total pain in the arse. He should fit right in.

Mandy wanted to see pics because we are wondering if Lucky is a purebred Heeler. What do you think, Mandy? Jeff found him running stray in some small crappy town in BFE Texas, and just the other day (3ish years later) found that there is a breeder in that same small crappy town, and the dogs on their webpage look just exactly like Lucky. If he is one of their dogs he had definitely gotten away, and was "Lucky" to have been found and brought home. He's well fed and loved, but wasn't doing so hot when Jeff found him.







6 comments:

Baledwr said...

No doubt a purebred Heeler (Queensland, Red, whatever). Due to the docked tail I doubt a registered Cattle dog.

Anonymous said...

http://www.oakwoodacds.com/Candid-Photos.html

that's a link to the dog I think might be his daddy.

Anonymous said...

That's the most adorable, largest heeler I've ever seen.

Baledwr said...

Well, I doubt he's lost from that place if that's the one you were talking about Tavia...most show ACD people will not dock their puppies. Plus he does appear to be a bit leggy, so back to the working heeler thought. Looks like a very nice boy tho...

Tavs said...

I was thinking working because of the docked tail, also. He is a nice boy. Just very high strung. I've never actually been able to pet him much- I just come in the house with scratches and dirt all over me. And if he tries to hump me or one of my girl dogs again I am taking the scissors to him :) Mandy, I'd pay to see you whip him into shape.

I'd like to get him instinct tested for herding. Do they have to be registered/unaltered for me to track down a herding club? I wonder if he'd chill a bit if he had a job a couple times a week. Jeff would have to help most likely. Jeff and the spatula are the only voices Lucky will listen to. Not to embarass Jeff... Lucky is a good dog. He just needs a hobby in a bad way.

Anonymous said...

lucky can sit and fetch now (when he feels like it)