I am sure everyone has noticed that if a kid is going to get hurt, it will happen on either a major holiday or a weekend. My mom used to joke on holiday mornings that nobody should get hurt, because I was a holiday injury kid. My brother happens to be a weekend evening injury kid. I should say a weekend evening finger injury kid. It's always a finger with him. If he'd let me, I'd post a picture of his hands with all the crookend fingers. He killed his 5th tonight. He tripped over Cosmo and fell knuckle first into a wall.
He ended up having a bad sprain, and is now wearing a splint. While we waited for him to go in, though, we saw a lady OD in the parking lot about 10 feet away from us. She was rolling around on the sidewalk screaming, and then passed out. Urgent Care couldn't deal with her so they sent security out on the sidewalk with her and called 911. I don't have a ton of sympathy for someone who ODs but I figured they could have done slightly more than they did. The lady who brought her there had bags of stuff and said that was what the OD person had been carrying around! The other crazy thing we saw was a guy who had his ear bit off by a dog. He was holding a towel to his head and brought his ear with him in a bag.
Quinn can't get hurt during the day when the respectable suburban urgent care clinics are open. Nooooooooo, we have to go to downtown Vancouver at 10pm. At least it was an entertaining 2 hour wait for us.
3 comments:
That sounds like the best night ever! :) We used to get hurt or in trouble when my dad was out of town, without fail...
Just think, in a few months, you can send Jeff out on those nighttime journeys, if Quinn's ok with that!
Jeff's dad wouldn't just be out of town, he was usually out of the country, or we were stuck in a foreign country and he was in the USA . . . go figure!!!
Kids have the worst timing, I just don't get it!
Yeah, Andrea, I actually mentioned to Quinn as we waited that in a few months I could just send Jeff! Then we both looked at each other and laughed. He said Jeff would probably give him a bandaid and tell him to suck it up- this is the guy who cut his wrist with a machete and kept on working.
Post a Comment