Finally some pictures from our vacation. Quinn, Jeff and I went to Forks and La Push, WA over my birthday weekend and had so much fun. Quinn even said he had a really good time, which was unbelievable! I am still waiting for Jeff to post his pictures from the digital camera (hint, hint... in the middle of failed inspections and starting over with house hunting, you really need to find time to get on that, haha).
I am not too terribly sad to be leaving La Center, though I have some good friends and good memories and there are definitely things I will miss. However, my sadness is lessened by my new goal, which is to live inexpensively in Houston so that I can save up enough money to buy some land on the outskirts of Forks and build a little cabin there to retreat to. There are very few pristine areas of the pacific northwest left, so please don't spread this around. This area of Washington is absolute heaven. I imagine that is because there are no jobs there, so people aren't moving in at the rapid rate that they are moving into our other cities and ruining them. Plus the cities are very po-dunk logging towns so I imagine that actually living in them would wear on many of us after a while.
Not to make this a rant, though. Just check out the absolutely gorgeous pictures. I realize I haven't seen much of the world, but if I were going to die tomorrow I could happily do it while wrapped up in a blanket on this beautiful beach, below.



3 comments:
Mom's got a house up in Sekiu, just 9 miles east of Neah Bay, sitting right on the hwy and on the water.
It's probably my favorite place on Earth.
Up keep is terrible with all the rain and it's getting harder and harder for her as she gets older.
Sorry, about the house in Houston, but aren't you glad you got that inspection!
if you get that cabin built, I'd like a timeshare, please ;-)
Very glad about the inspection!
What kind of upkeep does she have? Just yard and stuff like that? Rain does make a mess of yards.
Yes, Traci, if I get that cabin built you're welcome anytime! I'll send you a key :)
Post a Comment