Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Ill Fated Move, Day 1

Bethy wants to know if anything is going to go right with this move. So far, we have a negative!

Picked up the big dogs from boarding today just before we were ready to leave, and when I was rounding them up, found that Bud had a deep gash just below his eye. He was shaking and crying and it would not stop bleeding! We went straight to the emergency vet. They cleaned it out and gave him antibiotics and pain meds, and decided it could go without stitches.

On the way back to Aunty Gail's house, Lily exploded with the craps. I thought she looked a bit thin and she was pretty mellow when I picked her up (mellow does not exist in Lily's world normally). I am so mad at this boarding place I went to!

We left 3 hours late and only made it to Medford, which is great because I'll get to meet up with Carolyn tomorrow. We just got to our hotel room and Lily is still having the runs horribly. She also cannot get enough water to drink. I don't know what to do for her. Lucy is foaming at the mouth. Bud has tried to bolt several times. This is horrible! I was going to ship a couple dogs, but the boarding kennels are full in Houston because of spring break this week. Anyway, stressed people, stressed and sick dogs (except the Corgis who are perfect as usual). The cousins are at the store buying lysol to mask the Lily aroma right now.

Signing off to get some sleep after a horrible Day 1 of travel. If anyone knows what to do with Lily, let me know. She hasn't even eaten today so she should be running dry by now. She JUST had her shots renewed for the move, so I can't imagine what she could have caught there.

2 comments:

Baledwr said...

Get Immodium or Pepto tablets for her. And make sure she's drinking and not getting dehydrated.

Anonymous said...

Get some canned pumpkin, not the pie mix, but pure pumpkin and feed a little of that mixed with rice. I've found this to be an excellent remedy, although it doesn't work as quickly as Immodium or Pepto, so you might want to continue with those as well. Also, you might want to get some Nutri Cal or something similar to help stop the weight loss.